[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
...and the media dismissing partygate as something that doesn't matter.

Predictable and depressing.

I've just had a conversation with some Conservative party canvassers outside my front door, since the local elections are soon.

I live in Wandsworth, the Tories shop window borough. Lowest council tax in the country, the streets are clean and the libraries remain open.

I told them I have no allegiance to any political party, but I think you are going to get wiped out because the individuals at the top have dragged your party into the gutter.

They have brought shame on the history of party and I gladly replace the current administration with any Conservative Government of the past, all of which would be a massive improvement.

Unless you (at the grass roots) do something about it, your party is on track to be out of power for a decade. I also had a bit of a rant at the state they have left the NHS (which I am experiencing a lot at the moment) and how the current PM when Mayor spunked almost a billion down the drain on vanity projects in a way only a North Korean dictator could replicate.

They offered nothing in response, only to say they are canvassing on local issues only and would I like a leaflet ?

:lolol:

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I've just had a conversation with some Conservative party canvassers outside my front door, since the local elections are soon.

I live in Wandsworth, the Tories shop window borough. Lowest council tax in the country, the streets are clean and the libraries remain open.

I told them I have no allegiance to any political party, but I think you are going to get wiped out because the individuals at the top have dragged your party into the gutter.

They have brought shame on the history of party and I gladly replace the current administration with any Conservative Government of the past, all of which would be a massive improvement.

Unless you (at the grass roots) do something about it, your party is on track to be out of power for a decade. I also had a bit of a rant at the state they have left the NHS (which I am experiencing a lot at the moment) and how the current PM when Mayor spunked almost a billion down the drain on vanity projects in a way only a North Korean dictator could replicate.

They offered nothing in response, only to say they are canvassing on local issues only and would I like a leaflet ?

:lolol:

We had a tory scum councillor come to our door today. They are sh*t scared they're going to get massacred. Too late pal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We had a tory scum councillor come to our door today. They are sh*t scared they're going to get massacred. Too late pal.

My MP has deleted her Twitter account after she was laughed at and ridiculed on QT last night over partygate.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

They even asked whether I wanted my address to placed on a "do not knock" list.

Very nice people by the way, but I agree with you after my interchange tonight.

Wandsworth really matters to Tories. They run it round here very very well.

But I think they are preparing themselves for the inevitable.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Seems it is incoming from the most unexpected of directions

I'm not sure that 'partygate' has been completely forgotten despite what certain commentators tell us ???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The thing is that them getting massacred is the quickest way to getting Johnson out.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I'm not sure that 'partygate' has been completely forgotten despite what certain commentators tell us ???
If that f##king bitch is calling for his head then I can only assume the Tories have got someone even less palatable lined up. Someone either proper right wing cranky or another classic bullshitter who is an idiot's idea of a clever person.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

She is a right wing Brexiteer tabloid Tory hack and I can't stand her, but on this she is spot on.

Tax rises, energy price rises and re-emergence of Partygate could be a toxic mix. With Starmer keeping his nose clean and saying the right things you feel as though this is another one of those times the British public will give the Tories a kicking in the local elections.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
My MP has deleted her Twitter account after she was laughed at and ridiculed on QT last night over partygate.

Assume Caulfield? A hideous individual who makes herself an easy target for ridicule in fairness. Her along with Dorries once shared a fake doctored video of Starmer from a shady right wing source before deleting it. Like so many of the new breed of tory, a moral compass in the cesspit. She only gets elected due to her lopsided electorate which takes in a large rural demographic plus Seaford and Polegate. Were it the town of Lewes only she'd be long gone. Hopefully next GE...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Assume Caulfield? A hideous individual who makes herself an easy target for ridicule in fairness. Her along with Dorries once shared a fake doctored video of Starmer from a shady right wing source before deleting it. Like so many of the new breed of tory, a moral compass in the cesspit. She only gets elected due to her lopsided electorate which takes in a large rural demographic plus Seaford and Polegate. Were it the town of Lewes only she'd be long gone. Hopefully next GE...

Yes. Her majority was vastly reduced in 2019, so hopefully next time, she'll be out.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
With fridges, freezers, TVs, cars, washing machines, mobile phones etc……couldn’t make it up.

For those who cannot afford a home and having to live in B&B’s and hostels? Out of that list I’d say they would probably own a mobile phone. And do you know what? A lot of vulnerable people don’t even have that.

Wake up. Your assumptions are the problem.

For someone who’s lost their job but has no savings. What should they do? Sell their fridge?

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
With fridges, freezers, TVs, cars, washing machines, mobile phones etc……couldn’t make it up.

The vast majority of people on Universal Credit are working but employers are keeping wages so low, they need it to pay the rent, council tax etc.
Zero hours contracts etc are putting people into poverty.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The vast majority of people on Universal Credit are working but employers are keeping wages so low, they need it to pay the rent, council tax etc.
Zero hours contracts etc are putting people into poverty.

Exactly.
With the ridiculous cost of living I have had to stop my work pension contributions. Very annoying as it was pretty much the only benefit I get from work through their contribution. Plus it means I won’t have a worthwhile work pension when I come to retire.
Luckily, I don’t have to provide for a family but if I had kids, I’d be up shit creek.

Edit
Additionally, for try first time in my working life I have just applied for universal credit this afternoon and am eligible for a modest but helpful monthly amount.
Ridiculous that I work on average 55-70 hours a week and need government assistance!

I do understand a lot of the blame lies with the company I work for.

Anyway. Football.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Exactly.
With the ridiculous cost of living I have had to stop my work pension contributions. Very annoying as it was pretty much the only benefit I get from work through their contribution. Plus it means I won’t have a worthwhile work pension when I come to retire.
Luckily, I don’t have to provide for a family but if I had kids, I’d be up shit creek.

Edit
Additionally, for try first time in my working life I have just applied for universal credit this afternoon and am eligible for a modest but helpful monthly amount.
Ridiculous that I work on average 55-70 hours a week and need government assistance!

Anyway. Football.
It's utterly disgusting that you work these hours in the job that you do and, are eligible for Universal Credit. That moron Ian Duncan-Smith used to push UC as being the assisted way from unemployment in to employment....that went well .

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Exactly.

Edit

Anyway. Football.

Truly shocking that you work those hours and still qualify for a UC, you must be earning less than minimum wage right?

My guess is you could work 37hours a week in a supermarket and earn more right?

Oh and welcome back to the forum [emoji6] I knew you’d miss it…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Truly shocking that you work those hours and still qualify for a UC, you must be earning less than minimum wage right?

My guess is you could work 37hours a week in a supermarket and earn more right?

Oh and welcome back to the forum [emoji6] I knew you’d miss it…

Not less than minimum wage but not much above it. I didn’t think I’d qualify but I do. Not much but it’s better than another bill in the post.

I reckon I could earn more stacking shelves but there’s reasons I stay where I am for the meantime. But that’s another story.

And thanks! Yes, I did miss it plus they got shot of one of the wrong un’s so I’m back, but limited to non binfest threads and no pit.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Not less than minimum wage but not much above it. I didn’t think I’d qualify but I do. Not much but it’s better than another bill in the post.

I reckon I could earn more stacking shelves but there’s reasons I stay where I am for the meantime. But that’s another story.

And thanks! Yes, I did miss it plus they got shot of one of the wrong un’s so I’m back, but limited to non binfest threads and no pit.

Good luck to you TC, you should change jobs, you work for a company that I’m assuming has competition, go and work for the competition?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports