[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's also intended to embarrass Labour, because if Labour refuse to support it in the House of Commons, the Tories and their press propagandists will cite this as evidence that Starmer and Labour are "the strikers' friends" and subservient to their trade union paymasters. It's all sadly so predictable - as is the fact that many voters will swallow this nonsense.

Everything the Tories say and do is motivated by their self-interest and scoring political points, and either setting traps for Labour or "owning the libs" rather than genuinely tackling Britain's many and growing economic and social problems.
I read yesterday, there are 48 different Trades Unions, of which only 11 have any affiliation with the Labour Party.

How many companies have affiliations with the Tories, I wonder? JCB are even housing Johnson at the moment, via Lady Bamford.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
‘A minimal level of service?’
OK. Then you give us one too.
Enough nurses, beds, teachers and doctors.
No standing in a food bank queue.
Warm homes with proper insulation.
Cheap buses, affordable trains.
Child care which befits a rich nation
And papers which don’t rot our brains.

We had most of that, once, in this country.
We called it the great Welfare State.
Then Thatcher swapped ‘nanny’ for ‘welfare’
And Murdoch changed hope into hate.
We need a new plan for the nation:
Make the rich Tory press barons quail.
Fair wages and proper taxation
And send those who would dodge it to jail.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I read yesterday, there are 48 different Trades Unions, of which only 11 have any affiliation with the Labour Party.

How many companies have affiliations with the Tories, I wonder? JCB are even housing Johnson at the moment, via Lady Bamford.
And in the 2019 general election, the Tories received donations of nearly £20 million from big business and wealthy individuals, while Labour's donations totalled about £6 million.

Plus, of course, the Tories get 'free' support from the majority of Britain's billionaire-owned newspapers.

The whole political system is corrupt, and rigged in the Tories' favour. If Britain was a country in the 'Third World', we'd be condemning it as a Banana Republic, or 'failed state'.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Oh nothing to see here, just Suella Braverman slapping down a holocaust survivor

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Looks like an amendment to the Online Safety Bill is going to carried with the help of Labour. With implosions on wind farms and house building the party is looking like an uncontrollable rabble with multiple factions fighting for their own survival.

Sunak may have a majority of 70+ but really its like he is running a minority government.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Nadhim Zahawi (who claimed expenses to heat his stables and is currently under fire for avoiding paying millions in tax) doesn't seem to realise that the RMT hasn't been affiliated with Labour since 2004.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Nadhim Zahawi (who claimed expenses to heat his stables and is currently under fire for avoiding paying millions in tax) doesn't seem to realise that the RMT hasn't been affiliated with Labour since 2004.

Er - he does. He is just smart enough to know that the sort of people whom that post will trigger are too thick-as-f***ing-shit to either know or care.

Last edited:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Er - he does. He is just smart enough to know that the sort of people whom that post will trigger are too thick-as-f***ing-shit to either know or care.
No, surely not!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This story was ignored the right wing rabids, so the Beeb etc felt it wasn't newsworthy

I appreciate its quite normal for your Dad's second cousin to give you an £800k line of credit.

But, why didn't Johnson declare this while he was in office?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Not sure if anyone has commented on that but there are far more than 48 unions in the UK, more like 130. But you are right about 11 affiliating to Labour.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
‘A minimal level of service?’
OK. Then you give us one too.
Enough nurses, beds, teachers and doctors.
No standing in a food bank queue.
Warm homes with proper insulation.
Cheap buses, affordable trains.
Child care which befits a rich nation
And papers which don’t rot our brains.

We had most of that, once, in this country.
We called it the great Welfare State.
Then Thatcher swapped ‘nanny’ for ‘welfare’
And Murdoch changed hope into hate.
We need a new plan for the nation:
Make the rich Tory press barons quail.
Fair wages and proper taxation
And send those who would dodge it to jail.
Wow, some freeloading wanted there! Nurses, teachers etc paid for by tax increases, no food bank queues is a reasonable request. Warm homes/insulation, free for everyone? Cheap public transport. OK. Childcare for everyone? And papers that agree with you, mmmmmm.

Some of what you ask makes sense, but how would you differentiate between needy and lazy?

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
It simply never ends with this mob. Ceaseless bloody con merchants and thieves. To a man.

The only news-worthy item for me would be if they could find a Tory MP who HADN'T tried to screw the public purse for their own benefit.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Wow, some freeloading wanted there! Nurses, teachers etc paid for by tax increases, no food bank queues is a reasonable request. Warm homes/insulation, free for everyone? Cheap public transport. OK. Childcare for everyone? And papers that agree with you, mmmmmm.

Some of what you ask makes sense, but how would you differentiate between needy and lazy?
Truss's 'Britannia Unchained' 'budget' cost the taxpayer £40 BILLION - into the pockets of short sellers and hedge funds. The Daily Mail: 'At last! A proper Tory budget'. No apologies from either. If the £40 billion was recovered from the stinking vultures the pay rises would not be a problem. It's just a matter of the political guts to do it. There's hardly any lazy people any more. Just people doing three jobs who still can't pay their bills while others (including PL) wallow in wealth. It will change: perhaps not in my day, but it will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports