Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Which was probably taken out of the £400million profit he made?
Well, of course!

Unless one is making vast profits from the public sector, how could one possibly afford to scratch the expensive backs that help?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"Rishi Sunak will accept an inflation-busting 5.5% increase in his salary for being an MP, No 10 has indicated.

The Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (Ipsa) has recommended MPs’ salaries rise to £91,346 in April, from £86,584."

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Let sunak wait until December for the election yes it will be 8 more months of hell for us . But with every scandal every pig in the trof every right wing nut job they will lose even more mps at the election . I am serious in saying this could be like the Canadian Tory party that got wiped out . The way this fuckers are going 100 seats would be a great result for them . People compare this to 97 when Blair came in but this feels different I think 97 will look like a walk in the park for the tories and it will be the election that changed British politics for ever
Indeed. Fingers crossed.

They are fighting on 4 fronts.

Reform will stop them taking any red wall seats (handing them back to Labour).

Liberal Democrat’s will smash them in the South West.

They’ll be eliminated from Scotland with the SNP taking the votes of right wing nationalists who can’t vote Labour.

And Labour will clean up everywhere else.

They got 165 seats in ‘97 and 166 in ‘21. I bet some of them would shake your hand off for that now.

When people realise that Labour have gained one of the biggest majorities in parliamentary history and yet are not overly popular, FPTP will be history.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
'Cancel culture' is such a load of old shite. No-one gets ACTUALLY 'cancelled'. If someone or something does something wrong they get rightly punished, but not actually 'cancelled' by the definition of that phenomenon.
Quite.

Anyone that has been so called “cancelled” is still available to view online, GB News, and on nostalgia channels.

Some entertainers have been banished to rooms above pubs and working men’s clubs. As all things that are outdated and tired do.

Same with politicians. Ideally.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Quite.

Anyone that has been so called “cancelled” is still available to view online, GB News, and on nostalgia channels.

Some entertainers have been banished to rooms above pubs and working men’s clubs. As all things that are outdated and tired do.

An entire TV channel dedicated to the idea there's no freedom of speech

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Indeed. Fingers crossed.

They are fighting on 4 fronts.

Reform will stop them taking any red wall seats (handing them back to Labour).

Liberal Democrat’s will smash them in the South West.

They’ll be eliminated from Scotland with the SNP taking the votes of right wing nationalists who can’t vote Labour.

And Labour will clean up everywhere else.

They got 165 seats in ‘97 and 166 in ‘21. I bet some of them would shake your hand off for that now.

When people realise that Labour have gained one of the biggest majorities in parliamentary history and yet are not overly popular, FPTP will be history.
I don't see how FPTP will be history, Labour have no interest in ditching it.

We have to be a little bit careful what we wish for with the Tories being completely wiped out. We really don’t want Reform emerging as the official opposition, a truly Maga style cult. Better to keep the 2 going and fighting over the racist vote.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
When Sunak predictably gets wiped out in the GE after the Tories lose, they will probably go for the establishment golden girl in Penny Mordaunt and try and turn her more into a Thatcher clone, she does love her large iron lady 80's style shoulder pads.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
An entire TV channel dedicated to the idea there's no freedom of speech
To be fair, I don't think it is broadcasting to *that* many people, so their voices may struggle to be heard :lolol:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Quite.

My Daily Mail-reading sister-in-law was trotting-out this 'cancel culture' bollox last week, as she is reading Douglas Murray's 'The War Against The West' about the alleged Woke attack on liberalism and free-speech in Europe and the United States. I had to explain to her that Murray is a journalist for the Daily Telegraph and The Spectator, so clearly has a Right-wing agenda to promote, and reputation to sustain.

I then asked her: "So if Right-wing views and voices are being silenced or banned, how come Douglas Murray has been able to publish the book that you're reading right now, GBNews broadcasts every day, and Tory rags like the Daily Mail, Daily Express, Daly Telegraph, and The Sun, are still published every day and read by millions of people? Also, if Conservatives are the defenders of free-speech and democracy, why is it they - not the Woke - who are restricting the right to protest, requiring ID Cards to vote, and now widening the definition of 'extremism' to ban people whose views they disagree with. It's your government which is imposing Cancel Culture, while blaming everyone else, and pretending to be the victim."

She had absolutely no response.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It does rather seem that some in the Tory Party have decided that the leader is the problem once again, whilst forgetting that it is the Tory Party that is the problem folk have.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I don't see how FPTP will be history, Labour have no interest in ditching it.

We have to be a little bit careful what we wish for with the Tories being completely wiped out. We really don’t want Reform emerging as the official opposition, a truly Maga style cult. Better to keep the 2 going and fighting over the racist vote.
If Reform win more than 5 seats I will be stunned. I’d be quite surprised if they won one.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Quite.

I think that there are people in Russia and China who would be interested in the GB News definition of being cancelled.

People have described Jordan Peterson as having been cancelled but you could, although I don't recommend it, spend an entire week listening and watching content in which he whines on and on about not having a platform.

What we seem to have is older white men who are affronted that people have the impertinence to challenge what they say and question their sole right to cancel anyone they choose. A right they had enjoyed for hundreds of years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here