Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Last year the Home Office published an impact assessment saying it would cost the government £169,000 per person to send asylum seekers to Rwanda. Today the IPPR, a centre-left thinktank, has published an analysis claiming that the scheme would now cost £230,000 per person.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I think that there are people in Russia and China who would be interested in the GB News definition of being cancelled.

People have described Jordan Peterson as having been cancelled but you could, although I don't recommend it, spend an entire week listening and watching content in which he whines on and on about not having a platform.

What we seem to have is older white men who are affronted that people have the impertinence to challenge what they say and question their sole right to cancel anyone they choose. A right they had enjoyed for hundreds of years.
Spot-on

Angry, permanently-offended, older white men who proudly attended the school of hard-knocks followed by the university of life, and think that anyone who calmly challenges their racism, sexism, misogyny or homophobia is brutally silencing and oppressing them.

The sort of blokes who tell everyone else to stop being snowflakes and develop some resilience, but who will become aggressive or physically threaten you if you say something they don't like about Brexit or Boris Johnson.

The sort of guys for whom Lee Anderson, Jeremy Clarkson, Jim Davidson, Nigel Farage, Piers Morgan, and Donald Trump are freedom-fighting heroes and role models.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think that there are people in Russia and China who would be interested in the GB News definition of being cancelled.

People have described Jordan Peterson as having been cancelled but you could, although I don't recommend it, spend an entire week listening and watching content in which he whines on and on about not having a platform.

What we seem to have is older white men who are affronted that people have the impertinence to challenge what they say and question their sole right to cancel anyone they choose. A right they had enjoyed for hundreds of years.
I can't quite remember why but I once listened to a very long (two? three hours) interview with Jordan Peterson, which was about his mystery illness. Plenty of whining in there.
I listened, so you don't have to :thumbsup:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Create a country where nobody feels secure and hope is stripped away from new generations and then tell them to buck up. Nice.

IMG_6698.jpeg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Interesting view of the house of lords exercising the democratic rights of a Sovereign state from a senior Tory and GB News today

House of Lords peers are sneering at the British people and supporting people traffickers, says Jacob Rees-Mogg​

Now we can attack the puffed up panjandrums of the quangocracy who sneer at the British people and support the people traffickers by their actions.

https://www.gbnews.com/opinion/jacob-rees-mogg-house-of-lords-peers-sneering-british-people

Are there really people stupid enough to keep falling for this ?

No words, start digging :wanker:

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Guns? First of all, we withdraw so quickly, we don't protect those who helped us. Then when they make their way across Europe, we threaten to throw them out, and send them to Rwanda.

That's disgraceful.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Create a country where nobody feels secure and hope is stripped away from new generations and then tell them to buck up. Nice.

View attachment 179061
'Mental health culture'

I presume this is the new 'playing the race/disability/feminism' card.

What a f***ing bunch of animals. I'd like to see him stride off into a sea of depression, hopefully ending in his suicide.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Interesting view of the house of lords exercising the democratic rights of a Sovereign state from a senior Tory and GB News today

House of Lords peers are sneering at the British people and supporting people traffickers, says Jacob Rees-Mogg​

Now we can attack the puffed up panjandrums of the quangocracy who sneer at the British people and support the people traffickers by their actions.

https://www.gbnews.com/opinion/jacob-rees-mogg-house-of-lords-peers-sneering-british-people

Are there really people stupid enough to keep falling for this ?

No words, start digging :wanker:

He would be in there quicker than a rat up a drainpipe if he was offered a peerage.
Lord Haw Haw.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Last year the Home Office published an impact assessment saying it would cost the government £169,000 per person to send asylum seekers to Rwanda. Today the IPPR, a centre-left thinktank, has published an analysis claiming that the scheme would now cost £230,000 per person.
It really is astonishing.

It would genuinely be cheaper to stand on the beaches of Kent, and hand each new arrival the keys to the house that the loony right like to pretend they all get.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Save the Children says the figures show that the number of children being brought up in relative poverty has risen by 100,000 since the previous year, and has now reached 4.3 million.

It is using the relative poverty after housing costs definition, and it says 30% of children in the UK are poor using this measure. The latest figures cover the financial year ending in 2023.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here