Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
We won't know abouit that until we have seen the Sue Grey report.

I would like to think so but I really can't see her report being anything more than confirmation that there were gatherings but it's inconclusive as to whether or not they were illegal.

SG has zero investigative power beyond talking to the people that may have attended. We may be lucky and she has got hold of some concrete evidence that someone has leaked to her but I doubt it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I would like to think so but I really can't see her report being anything more than confirmation that there were gatherings but it's inconclusive as to whether or not they were illegal.

SG has zero investigative power beyond talking to the people that may have attended. We may be lucky and she has got hold of some concrete evidence that someone has leaked to her but I doubt it.

I didn't express myself very well. What I meant was, whether this debacle has been forgotten won't be known yet, rather like 'it has been alleged that next month it will be February, but it is impossible to know, yet, till we have heard from Sue Grey'. Or something.

Weak joke, badly delivered :facepalm:

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I didn't express myself very well. What I means was, whether this debacle has been forgotten won't be known yet, rather like 'it has been alleged that next month it will be February, but it is impossible to know, yet, till we have heard from Sue Grey'. Or something.

Weak joke, badly delivered :facepalm:

Sorry, I get it. Very true :lolol:

Although, this is promising….

No 10 staff have swipe card data logged in probe of ‘partygate’
Security logs crucial to future of key staff as Sue Gray also ‘has details of new social event’…

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...log-of-staff-movements-in-and-out-of-building

“This information is conclusive,” said a source who knows Gray. “This is not someone saying ‘I saw him or her at a party’. This is the proof of who was where, how many people were inside the building at any one time.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bloody hell. This government really is the worst. Sadly, nothing will come of this unless there’s actual evidence. It’s not like a party, where photos will be dropped. The only way of nailing something like this is a recording of the alleged conversations.

Please let there be a recording out there.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/boris-johnson-tories-government-mps-metropolitan-police-b1997650.html

Wakeford has named Gavin Williamson, then education Secretary, as threatening him.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/mp-points-finger-at-gavin-williamson-for-school-threat-dfg5kqwzf

Last week it was alleged that Gavin Williamson was getting a knighthood to ‘keep him quiet’.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It's all lost it's momentum again, hasn't it. People just accepted it and forgotten in less than a fortnight. Sigh.

That's because they believe in Britain and back 'Boris' to get partygate done just like he did Brexit and Covid-19.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
All getting a bit messy tonight.

[tweet]1484993351619338241[/tweet]

[tweet]1485020127141806081[/tweet]

[tweet]1485014446187634693[/tweet]

Last edited:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

[tweet]1484993351619338241[/tweet]

[tweet]1485020127141806081[/tweet]

[tweet]1485014446187634693[/tweet]

Tugendhat is perfect on it's own.

That fella is a complete tugendhat, don't be such a tugendhat etc. etc.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Tory meltdown incoming...

It's all lost it's momentum again, hasn't it. People just accepted it and forgotten in less than a fortnight. Sigh.

Tbh TC the only momentum it ever had is on Twatter, Face Ache etc, people are out and about getting on with life and have been from day one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Tbh TC the only momentum it ever had is on Twatter, Face Ache etc, people are out and about getting on with life and have been from day one.

I see you are still desperately hoping to get the full 5 years of plan Johnson that you voted for :wink:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

All the bickering aside I think you make your points well but I respectfully disagree on this one.
I am not on Twatter or Face Look At Me and I still felt a sense that there was a rather heavy public outcry albeit predictably brief. And not just from the usual bedwetting fraternity out there but from frontline medical professionals and those who have lost loved ones.
That’s the vibe I got for a while anyway.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Why are reporters letting them get away with this? Just saw Raab banging on about boosters and economy but this is a very binary issue. Either

(a) Nusrat Ghani is lying and should be sacked and investigated

(b) Mark Spencer is lying and should be sacked and investigated

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
All the bickering aside I think you make your points well but I respectfully disagree on this one.
I am not on Twatter or Face Look At Me and I still felt a sense that there was a rather heavy public outcry albeit predictably brief. And not just from the usual bedwetting fraternity out there but from frontline medical professionals and those who have lost loved ones.

I think the lull is due to the others getting their leadership campaigns underway. Pennies are dropping all over the country and once people have realised what has happened, they can't unrealise it. Even ardent Johnson fans from 2 years ago on NSC are having second thoughts.

He's dead in the water and each week that goes by with him in place simply widens the gap that has to be made up by his successor :shrug:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I think the lull is due to the others getting their leadership campaigns underway. Pennies are dropping all over the country and once people have realised what has happened, they can't unrealise it. Even ardent Johnson fans from 2 years ago on NSC are having second thoughts.

He's dead in the water and each week that goes by with him in place simply widens the gap that has to be made up by his successor :shrug:

the phony war!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I know it seems daft but.... I think there needs to be an inquiry in to all aspects of the Johnson government. So many rules have been breached or ignored, Johnson has opened himself up to corruption claims over the redecoration of No.10, the attempt to abandon the lobbying rules re Owen Patterson, the illegal Prorogation of Parliament, the huge amount of Russian money flooding the Tory party and Johnson's repeated lies in parliament that are never corrected as in the Peter Stefanovic video seen 40M times. A government that said they were perfectly happy to break an International Agreement in a " Specific and limited way "

It's pretty much corrupt from the top down yet the normal arbiters of justice and public opinion have no effect. Police won't act, The BBC is afraid to hold them to account and most of the media are in bed with them.

I thought May was crap as PM but at least she would not have lied and broken so many conventions.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Tory meltdown incoming...

I know it seems daft but.... I think there needs to be an inquiry in to all aspects of the Johnson government. So many rules have been breached or ignored.

You should wait until the Sue Gray report’s findings are announced in a few days.

They will be:

1. No rules were ‘technically’ broken by the PM.
2. There were breaches of the rules by others without the knowledge or permission of the PM.
3. The staffers involved will go through confidential disciplinary procedures.

The PM will then announce that his apology stands, that he is going to change the ‘culture’ of 10 Downing Street and that we should all move on and recognise how well the government is doing in the battle again Coronavirus.

There will then be a public reaction. Tory MPs will face a decision.

Let’s hope enough letters are written and the 54 mark is surpassed.

Flex Your Head

I posted about this back in November 2019. Seems appropriate to highlight these figures again today.

Just 8% of the Conservative party's members "would be proud of Britain if we were to elect a Muslim as our Prime Minister", whilst 43% agreed that they "would prefer to not have the country led by a Muslim".

"Forty percent of Conservative party members surveyed said Britain should lower the number of Muslims entering the country, compared to just five percent who said the same for Christians or Jewish people."

How come this was allowed to slip under the radar at the time, yet there was endless coverage about anti-semitism in Labour? Hmmm...
These figures display huge levels of Islamaphobia in the Tory party, but have hardly ever been referred to by the media.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/a...would-reject-muslim-prime-minister-poll-finds

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I posted about this back in November 2019. Seems appropriate to highlight these figures again today.

Just 8% of the Conservative party's members "would be proud of Britain if we were to elect a Muslim as our Prime Minister", whilst 43% agreed that they "would prefer to not have the country led by a Muslim".

"Forty percent of Conservative party members surveyed said Britain should lower the number of Muslims entering the country, compared to just five percent who said the same for Christians or Jewish people."

How come this was allowed to slip under the radar at the time, yet there was endless coverage about anti-semitism in Labour? Hmmm...
These figures display huge levels of Islamaphobia in the Tory party, but have hardly ever been referred to by the media.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/a...would-reject-muslim-prime-minister-poll-finds

Because Muslim Tories don’t speak out or make a fuss. They put their careers, power and earnings before their principles, like any Tory really.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Fair to disagree and respected [emoji106]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here