Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Sunak ordered a 3 line whip to vote AGAINST people getting compo for being victims of a contaminated blood scandal. First of all - WTF? more intriguingly 23 of his MPs defied him, which means he will now struggle to get anything through parliament. Zombie government

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Sellafield, Europe’s most hazardous nuclear site, has a worsening leak from a huge silo of radioactive waste that could pose a risk to the public, the Guardian can reveal.

Concerns over safety at the crumbling building, as well as cracks in a reservoir of toxic sludge known as B30, have caused diplomatic tensions with countries including the US, Norway and Ireland, which fear Sellafield has failed to get a grip of the problems.

The leak of radioactive liquid from one of the “highest nuclear hazards in the UK” – a decaying building at the vast Cumbrian site known as the Magnox swarf storage Silo (MSSS) – is likely to continue to 2050. That could have “potentially significant consequences” if it gathers pace, risking contaminating groundwater, according to an official document.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Sunak ordered a 3 line whip to vote AGAINST people getting compo for being victims of a contaminated blood scandal. First of all - WTF? more intriguingly 23 of his MPs defied him, which means he will now struggle to get anything through parliament. Zombie government

The Worthing MPs both among the 'rebels'.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Just to add some context to the “everyone hates ULEZ” stuff

Of course, the vast majority aren't against it in London. You've just got "a cake and eat it" minority in the suburbs (the ones who think they live in country / city depending on the day of the week) who are mostly too stupid to realise there car is probably compliant.

The local Tories are up to the same nonsense.

There is a very dangerous couple of local streets round here with mini roundabouts that everyone wants rid of and replaced by pedestrian crossings.

It's a no brainer.

They stuck a letter through my door last week asking me to complain because 1) I hadn't been consulted 2) It would increase traffic on my road.

It's complete bullshit, they are desperate.

Last edited:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
It's still going to be meltdowntastic when that sociopathic **** baffoon gives his carefully prepared response to the covid enquiry.

Everyone else will be to blame.
I wonder how often he'll parrot the "We got all the big decisions right" line during a hearing talking about how, on balance, he and his government got all the big decisions wrong?

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
When Worthing MP's are getting spooked, the tories must know they have problems

I am as anti-Tory as they come but actually don't mind my MP, Peter Bottomley (West Worthing). As Tory MP's go he's alright (still won't vote for him of course).

Dealt with Tim Loughton a bit for work and he is an utter prick

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013

Robert Jenrick has 'resigned' as immigration minister​

Home Office minister Laura Farris said that Robert Jenrick has resigned as immigration minister.

She told LBC: “I understand that he has.”

Asked why, she said: “I don’t know in all honesty. I just came from the chamber and found out after I connected to your show.”

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Robert Jenrick has 'resigned' as immigration minister​

Home Office minister Laura Farris said that Robert Jenrick has resigned as immigration minister.

She told LBC: “I understand that he has.”

Asked why, she said: “I don’t know in all honesty. I just came from the chamber and found out after I connected to your show.”
For not pushing for the most hard line of Rwanda strategies, apparently. Off to sit on Suella's right. Or probably slightly to her left.

Edit "No compromise with the rule of law!" A guaranteed vote-winner for the general election.

Wankers.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
For not pushing for the most hard line of Rwanda strategies, apparently. Off to sit on Suella's right. Or probably slightly to her left.

Edit "No compromise with the rule of law!" A guaranteed vote-winner for the general election.

Wankers.
The immigration minister, Robert Jenrick, has quit, just hours after the prime minister tabled a bill to save the Rwanda deportation policy.

He stood down after the legislation did not allow ministers to override international laws which have stopped the government from sending asylum seekers to central Africa.

Jenrick’s resignation will be seen as a move to position himself as the head of a growing rightwing rebellion aimed at ensuring that the UK can act unilaterally and send flights to Kigali.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
cool - we are overriding our human rights - good luck everyone

Fairly clever, if Labour block it he can scream about it and launch an election on the back of it, he will hope it's enough to get back reform voters back

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here