Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory law breakers

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Have the Tories under Boris actually won any votes in Parliament yet?

Played 7, lost 7

Just needs one more to go full Crystal Palace

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
MP tells me that Johnson had an
‘angry meltdown’ in voting lobbies. Am told that @jessphillips personally challenged him as did others . MP tells me PM saw a group watching through the doors & then started jabbing his finger towards us all

Via twitter

He’s losing it completely.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
‘angry meltdown’ in voting lobbies. Am told that @jessphillips personally challenged him as did others . MP tells me PM saw a group watching through the doors & then started jabbing his finger towards us all

Via twitter

Unsurprising really.

He's an intellectually limited, opportunist tub-thumper, who is perfectly suited to delivering witty quips and rousing soundbites from the sidelines, but put him at the helm during one of the trickiest political times in living memory and what has he got...?

He can't bluster through it when he's got a significant section of his own party (or at least recently of it) joining in the fight to defend due and proper process being followed.

He's being very badly advised - is it time to start feeling sorry for Boris?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Pretty much. A lot of nonsense is being spouted. We'd always see Parliament shut down for Conference season, and the extended prorogue was only a matter of a few days. 3 or 4, I think. So it was far more a case of grandstanding than anything else, as is recalling the MPs now. We still have the Tory Conference to go, so is Parliament going to suggest they don't have a Conference this year, or that they continue with Parliament without them?

And it's not as if, once back, they ever actually do anything positive anyway.

You won't see it shut down for the Tory conference next week :clap::clap2::clap:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
No

(But I can't just say "no". It doesn't have sufficient letters apparently)

tenor.gif

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
No

(But I can't just say "no". It doesn't have sufficient letters apparently)

It'll let you say "Absolutely f***ing not - the clown has brought it all upon himself" though

:D

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Via twitter

It must be tough. He's got the job he wanted his entire life in the hope of being universally loved, and it's turned out everyone hates him for it and he's really, really bad at it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
He would still win an election. Brighton is not representative of the rest of the uk.

He might do, he might not do. He could very easily combust during the campaign when under scrutiny, as he has done several times in the last week alone. Plus there's plenty of skeletons in that closet...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
He would still win an election. Brighton is not representative of the rest of the uk.

Yup, he probably would. But that is more to do with complete unelectability of Corbyn than anything else. If Labour had a half decent leader right now, they could be wiping the floor with the tories.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
How can this be fair? Labour & Lib Dems had theirs.

Ah, bless.

Nobody is stopping the Conservatives having their conference. In fact, it will still go ahead, as planned.

Parliament has just refused to be closed down for the duration, that is all.

Perhaps if your beloved leader hadn't just unlawfully wasted a big chunk of valuable parliamentary time, they'd have been more amenable to it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here