Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Torquay United FC v Brighton and Hove Albion FC ***Official Match Thread***

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What the f*** are you talking about? Brezovan tried to hand the game to Wycombe by presenting them with a goal. He did absolutely nothing to help the team in that victory.

In another thread I pointed out how the statistics show the team's performance to be better with brezovan in goal (while not denying he made a howler).*

I put the success of the team ahead of restoring the better keeper, and Ninja couldn't see the sense in this, seemingly under the impression football isn't a team game, that the whole unit is irrelevant and that the individuals and their own moments of brilliance/cock ups are what count.

*=
Win rate with /(before today)
Brezovan: 40%
Kuipers: 37.5% (33.33)

Goals Conceded per game
Brezovan: 1.20
Kuipers: 1.19 (1.27)

Shots on target that result in goal conceded
Brezovan: 19.35%
Kuipers: 22.89% (24.36)

I'm not sure how it links to my comments about Navarro, where I point out how his appearance in the team has changed the fortunes of the team. I'm still looking at how the team performs with a particular player in it, instead of how that individual performs in the team.

Last edited:

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
lets do a palace and get to the semi final by playing lower legue clubs and then pull off a shock win against the scousers and get to wembley in the cup final for a second time...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This is only the third time this season we have had back-to-back victories. All three times one of the two victories has been v wycombe.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If that happened Murray and Forster would have helped him out as it is a team game and they all help each other, although you wouldnt notice it with Kuipers.

Always nice NOT to have to rely on the strikers to keep you in a game. We scored 1 goal today, and won the match. Makes a nice change.

Team in full, BG,
Kuipers
Hoyte
Virgo
Tunnicliffe
McNulty
Cox
Dicker
Crofts
Dickinson
Forster
Murray

Navarro replaced Cox at 0-0, that was the only change I think. :thumbsup:

erutluv 2

Banned
Nov 24, 2009
Always nice NOT to have to rely on the strikers to keep you in a game. We scored 1 goal today, and won the match. Makes a nice change.

Team in full, BG,
Kuipers
Hoyte
Virgo
Tunnicliffe
McNulty
Cox
Dicker
Crofts
Dickinson
Forster
Murray

oi the ninja cock your team lost 1 nil:shootself

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Team in full, BG,
Kuipers
Hoyte
Virgo
Tunnicliffe
McNulty
Cox
Dicker
Crofts
Dickinson
Forster
Murray

That is what I wanted thank you. Just wanted to see what changes GP made and see it was gave the No2 keeper a game and also tried Virgo instead of Elphick fair enough as they are a division below us, and this is a squad game.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
That is what I wanted thank you. Just wanted to see what changes GP made and see it was gave the No2 keeper a game and also tried Virgo instead of Elphick fair enough as they are a division below us, and this is a squad game.

:laugh:
Quality fishing.

BristolSeagull2k

Jul 4, 2008
Nailsea, Bristol
Just got back from the game.
Impressive turn out from the albion, although the ref tried his hardest to call off the game at 2.10pm!!!

Dont think 4-3-3 worked, until the second half, dickinson started trying and looked a decent player, along with murray and forster, we should be moving up the league!!

Up the Albion

Man Utd next at the withdean!!!!!!!!!!!

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
In another thread I pointed out how the statistics show the team's performance to be better with brezovan in goal (while not denying he made a howler).*

I put the success of the team ahead of restoring the better keeper, and Ninja couldn't see the sense in this, seemingly under the impression football isn't a team game, that the whole unit is irrelevant and that the individuals and their own moments of brilliance/cock ups are what count.

*=
Win rate with /(before today)
Brezovan: 40%
Kuipers: 37.5% (33.33)

Goals Conceded per game
Brezovan: 1.20
Kuipers: 1.19 (1.27)

Shots on target that result in goal conceded
Brezovan: 19.35%
Kuipers: 22.89% (24.36)

I'm not sure how it links to my comments about Navarro, where I point out how his appearance in the team has changed the fortunes of the team. I'm still looking at how the team performs with a particular player in it, instead of how that individual performs in the team.

Its very heathy to debate which keeper.......!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here