Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Top Bands who never had a hit song

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Sorry but way to vague a question. What defines a ' Top Band ' as purely subjective and what's a hit?

Led Zeppelin have sold in excess of 300 million records and Whole Lotta Love only made it to no. 21 in UK charts

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Seagulls Ska only reached no.16.
Whatever happened to them?

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Yes they get quite a bit of play these days, but Senses Working Over Time being their biggest ‘hit’ at number 10 for a week is dumbfounding to me.

IMG_7997.jpeg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Strictly speaking, they used a rerecording of CCS' version. Which used almost all the same musicians, given CCS was largely all studio players anyway.
Yes, for a time, TOTP insisted on bands re-recording their songs (before miming to them!) Something to do with not playing the records, I suppose? Copyright, record company royalties or something?

Anyway, it wasn't Led Zep introducing TOTP every week...............................

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Comsat Angels

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Right now any group featuring Michael Head. Wonderful singer songwriter from Liverpool. Currently performing as Michael Head and the Red Elastic Band.

Also Manu Chao has never had a hit in this country, probably because he sings mostly in Spanish and French and does not tour here. Well worth a listen, now top of my must see’s even if its a backstreet club in Zaragoza.

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Right now any group featuring Michael Head. Wonderful singer songwriter from Liverpool. Currently performing as Michael Head and the Red Elastic Band.

Also Manu Chao has never had a hit in this country, probably because he sings mostly in Spanish and French and does not tour here. Well worth a listen, now top of my must see’s even if its a backstreet club in Zaragoza.
Going to Michael Head at Chalk in May. Can't wait. Was a big fan of the Pale Fountains and Shack.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here