Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Top Bands who never had a hit song

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Madness only ever had one number 1 which baffles me given the amount of shit that was around in the 80s. But I guess they don't really count as they did have a hit song (assuming that is how we are measuring it).

The Twang. Were going to be the next big thing. First album got to number 3. Think they only had one top ten. Didn't quite disappear as they are still selling out venues now but haven't released anything for a while.

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
Parliament , George Clinton had one hit single with his Funkadelic ( One Nation under a Groove ) grouping but none from Parliament..

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
According to the man himself this actually isn't true, yet he gets asked about it every interview.
Probably because it is true according to the other man himself, the one who allegedly asked him. I wish I'd asked Jimmy Page when I met him, but I was too busy being surprised by his dirty fingernails.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wonderous stories, number 7 in 1977. Owner of a lonely heart (Planet Rock, daily, twice sundays) got to number 1 in the US.
They'd gone mad by then.

Not sure what I hated more - the pretentious prog rock, or the later hideous attempts to create pop singles. My view f Yes was very much aligned with John Peel's.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
They'd gone mad by then.

Not sure what I hated more - the pretentious prog rock, or the later hideous attempts to create pop singles. My view f Yes was very much aligned with John Peel's.
Somehow, I thought it might be🤪
Funnily enough my daughter following on from her punk flirtation has now got herself obsessed with David Bowie (which is possibly the most successful bit of parenting I have ever done)
She was asking about who played the piano on Life on Mars and Changes, and I said Rik Wakeman, more famous for playing in the band Yes. She said maybe I should listen to them then, and I just said No.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Funnily enough my daughter following on from her punk flirtation has now got herself obsessed with David Bowie (which is possibly the most successful bit of parenting I have ever done)
She was asking about who played the piano on Life on Mars and Changes, and I said Rik Wakeman, more famous for playing in the band Yes. She said maybe I should listen to them then, and I just said No.
:bowdown:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
You missed the chance to say that he has a Criminal Record.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here