NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Bideford
Cambourne
Leigh Park
Lancing
Weston Super mare

I was brought up in Lancing, but left in the 1980s to go to Uni; at the time, it was merely boring.

Paid a return visit a few year ago (my wife wanted to see where I was brought up!) while down in Brighton for a long weekend, and was shocked at just how chavvy it had become; wall-to-wall nylon track-suits, trainers and baseball-caps. We didn't stay long - soon jumped on a train back to Brighton :ohmy:

Mind you, my missus is from Pembroke in West Wales, and nearby Pembroke Dock has got to be one of the grimmest, most run-down, desolate towns in Britain; literally the end of the line for trains. Full of boarded-up shops, Pound-shops, pubs where your feet stick to the carpet, and morbidly obese residents walking the streets eating fish-and-chips mid-afternoon :eek:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
My company has been working in Leeds City Centre for the last two and a half years, and to be fair, the main shopping / restaurant / bar area is superb with some very up market shops and eateries. Can't comment on the suburbs / outskirts though as never been there

Headingley, the suburb about a mile north-west of the City Centre is very nice - the Islington (or 'Hanover') of Leeds, and nicely beyond the shabby student ghetto that is Hyde Park/Woodhouse!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Billingshurst , pulborough . Wisborough green rules

Billingshurst has gone downhill a bit in recent years (i was raised there) - i still do a lot of work in the town and they're making an effort to bring trade back (a lot of which has been swamped by Horsham).
Pulborough is a dump, i work there and whilst i have a lot of friends there, there is nothing left of it. Shame really.
Wisborough Green...a good pub and a not bad cricket track. Other than that, it reminds me of Midsomer.

Mew

Aug 16, 2011
Copthorne. Shows signs of how it used to be a pretty village but damaged by a poorly designed 'new' estate. Also, the locals pretend it has no link with Crawley though most of the village lived or were born there and just can't afford Horsham.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Very good call, sounds like you have spent plenty of time in medway,
Isle of sheppy a close runner up!

Far too much time I'm afraid, mind you if I ever need a 2nd career I will open a tattoo parlour in Sittingbourne and make a fortune.

The Isle of Sheppey is real Duelling Banjos Country....

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Billingshurst has gone downhill a bit in recent years (i was raised there) - i still do a lot of work in the town and they're making an effort to bring trade back (a lot of which has been swamped by Horsham).
Pulborough is a dump, i work there and whilst i have a lot of friends there, there is nothing left of it. Shame really.
Wisborough Green...a good pub and a not bad cricket track. Other than that, it reminds me of Midsomer.

Since I was a kid billingshurst has quadrupled in size no community spirit. .since parking trolls have arrived killed of a lot of trade . Pulborough agree dump . Wisborough beautiful village cricket team struggling this year bha fan club growing . Support bha or get another cab firm . It's working

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Portsmouth
Hastings
Plymouth
Croydon
Southport
Plymouth is a city, but i agree anyway, yesterday i went fishing on the evening tide, caught loads of all different types of fish, watched the sun set in the west over the cornish countryside watched people having fun in plymouth sound
on their jet skis, i then went down the barbican, live bands everywhere, 2 cool pints of doom bar good looking women and great company, i thought why do i live in this dump

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Headingley, the suburb about a mile north-west of the City Centre is very nice - the Islington (or 'Hanover') of Leeds, and nicely beyond the shabby student ghetto that is Hyde Park/Woodhouse!

Chapel Allerton, Moortown, & Alwoodly are very upmarket with mansions instead of houses.

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Blimey. Some of you have clearly never been north of the m25. Anyone who thinks anywhere in Sussex is in the top 5 crap towns frankly doesn't know they're born

I'd go for:

Port Talbot
Widnes
Runcorn
Immingham
Glossop

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Since I was a kid billingshurst has quadrupled in size no community spirit. .since parking trolls have arrived killed of a lot of trade

I think those two are linked - because of the parking issue in Jengers Mead it means less people buying locally and therefore the immediate community falls apart. I'm involved with the Chamber of Commerce there and they're doing their best to solve that, but it's a sticky wicket annoyingly.

I used to play cricket for Pulborough (might do still soon), so i have to side with the 'boro when it comes to Cricket. Always used to love the charity match at the Green though, with the celebs turning out to play...that was always a top day out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here