Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top 5 crappy villages and towns

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I genuinely do not think that I could put any Sussex villages or towns in the top 10, let alone the top 5.

Dudley is a good shout by @surrey jim.

Have been there a number of times, each time it looks more dull and depressing.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
It's very Sussex focused this thread.

Whilst we have some gloomy little places in our fine county, they're still near enough paradisaical when compared with some of the holes you find further north such as in Berkshire, Bedfordshire and that whole ugly mess north of Watford Gap.

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
Just in my local area:
Redhill
Merstham (the majority of it, the bit by the station is nice)
Croydon
And in general:
Herne Bay
Most of south Manchester, especially wythenshaw and gorton

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Just in my local area:
Redhill
Merstham (the majority of it, the bit by the station is nice)
Croydon
And in general:
Herne Bay
Most of south Manchester, especially wythenshaw and gorton
You're obviously very near me (I'm in Reigate). I don't mind Redhill really and it will look a lot nicer in the next few years as it's being massively regenerated. Merstham is an astute spot on your part though. You drive through it and it looks all very quaint, the cricket club is charming, the area near the station is fine and so is the high street. Yet there is an enormous council estate there and it blights the village because it is home to 10% of child proverty for the whole of Surrey; primarily because of a massive but hidden drug problem there.

Herne Bay is also a good call - the north coast of Kent is basically a shithole (Medway towns to the west to Herne Bay in the east), yet there are some utterly charming places that dot that coast - notably Whitstable, and then Broadstairs as the coast moves south.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
You obviously don't get out of Horsham much !

I do, those two are just in a class of their own compared to other towns I've been to....or maybe I've just been indoctrinated against Crawley thanks to the town rivalry :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here