Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Top 4?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I’m watching this squad, and with De Zerbi in charge, thinking we really should be challenging for the top 4 and a trophy this season shouldn’t we?!

I don’t think it’s hyperbole, we weren’t far away last season and with the additions of the really impressive JP, Adingra and Dahoud (plus hopefully Igor fits in well) as well as the massive progress of Gilmour, I honestly believe we’ve got every chance with or without Caicedo. JP alone looks like he could take us to another level and we now have real strength in depth.

I genuinely don’t think Arsenal, Liverpool, United or Newcastle are really any better than us and certainly not Chelsea or Spurs.

It’s so exciting.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not for me, Clive. Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs cannot possibly be as bad as they were last season, Villa are looking stronger. And we have the added burden of the Thursday-Sunday treadmill with Europe.

I think we'll slip back to a top 10 team. Which is fine, I'll have that with a run in Europe to the knockouts.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
I'll reserve judgement until I've seen a few competitive Premier League games, I think.
Yeah yeah, I get that being sensible.

But we weren’t far away last season as it was, lack of squad depth ultimately cost us. But now we have bulked the squad with quality and added three real high quality first teamers and Joao Pedro particularly is possibly a game changer.

I’m certain RDZ will confidently be aiming for top 4.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Not for me, Clive. Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs cannot possibly be as bad as they were last season, Villa are looking stronger. And we have the added burden of the Thursday-Sunday treadmill with Europe.

I think we'll slip back to a top 10 team. Which is fine, I'll have that with a run in Europe to the knockouts.
I think there’s every chance Spurs do as badly, especially if Kane goes. Their squad has major issues and Ange is unproven at this level. Liverpool are a question mark with so many changes and Salah not the player he was and another year older. I’m not convinced about Klopp now either. United are a bit blah - Mount is not going to inprove them. And as for Chelsea, they will do better but their squad is not top 4 yet. I think we have a better starting 11 than them as it is.

Villa will probably be good, top manager, but they also have Europe.

City will win it and Arsenal will probably finish 2nd again but I really don’t think we’re far off Arsenal man for man when you look at starting 11 or squad depth.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Delete this thread.

(Although if we hang on to Caicedo for another season, anything is possible.)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Some of you are going to look so silly next season, what with your optimism for what's upcoming while still basking in the glory of what just happened.

Take a leaf out of our near neighbours book:-

'hopefully next season will just miss out on top 10 - after all what else is there to play for'.

That's how you support your team, after 11 seasons in the EPL and a billion pounds has washed through your club.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If caicedo stays we may have a chance for top 6 but I can’t see us finishing above

City / arsenal / Liverpool / united / Newcastle / Villa / Chelsea

Then a group of clubs competing for 10th to 8th

Top 10 would be a great achievement this year

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
If we had this squad last season I think we could have got top 4 but all teams of our size take a dip when playing the regular European games and with RDZ making noises about pushing in all competitions inevitably league position will suffer. That said it’s not something I am bothered about just watching this side play in the way they do will be an absolute joy to watch again next season no matter how far up table we finish.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
I’m watching this squad, and with De Zerbi in charge, thinking we really should be challenging for the top 4 and a trophy this season shouldn’t we?!

I don’t think it’s hyperbole, we weren’t far away last season and with the additions of the really impressive JP, Adingra and Dahoud (plus hopefully Igor fits in well) as well as the massive progress of Gilmour, I honestly believe we’ve got every chance with or without Caicedo. JP alone looks like he could take us to another level and we now have real strength in depth.

I genuinely don’t think Arsenal, Liverpool, United or Newcastle are really any better than us and certainly not Chelsea or Spurs.

It’s so exciting.
You should do a poll.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yeah yeah, I get that being sensible.

But we weren’t far away last season as it was, lack of squad depth ultimately cost us. But now we have bulked the squad with quality and added three real high quality first teamers and Joao Pedro particularly is possibly a game changer.

I’m certain RDZ will confidently be aiming for top 4.
I like your optimism.

Definitely, we should aim for it, why not?

But I feel we’re going to be more of a cup team next year, and hopefully top 10 on top. Think we need to upgrade at RB though.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I think the manager and players believe we can finish top 4 so I am with them. Positivity beats negativity.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Bet top 4 last season and just missed out. Could only get 6/1 this year. We are under the radar with pundits but not bookies. Also had a cheeky bet on us winning the PL. If we keep Caicedo and the injury-goddesses smile on us we are a definite top 4 side and an extremely dangerous European side. (Ps. Hyperbole switch firmly off).

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
You got to have a dream, If you don't have a dream, How you gonna have a dream come true?

Dream on dreamer life gets in your way
Dream on dreamer life gets in your way

There you go day and night
Up in the clouds flying so high
You try your best to stretch your mind
Beyond reality and sense and rhyme
You see things that make you big heart sing
Like the flowers trees and birds and pretty things
Hate to put your two feet on the ground
You like to step aside
And release yourself and fly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports