Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top 4 fixtures today and tomorrow

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Why are we playing tomorrow night and not this afternoon ? We would get a bumper crowd playing this afternoon instead of a crappy Tuesday nite were will be lucky to get 23000

I would guess that Bank Holiday public transport could have something to do with it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And Cotterill still maintains that Bristol City are far too good to go down.

You could hear the boos all around Ashton Gate when Charlton snatched that late late equaliser on Boxing Day :lol:

Must admit, I thought they'd be better than they have been this season. They should have had loads of momentum after smashing League One last time out, and with all the redevelopment going on down there, it looked like they were very much in the ascendancy. Their transfer business in the summer was abysmal though, at times it looked like nobody at all wanted to sign for them, no matter how much money they offered. Perhaps players don't want to play for Cotterill due to his perceived style?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I was convinced bristol City would manage similar to Brentfords achievements last seaaon

theboybilly

Why are we playing tomorrow night and not this afternoon ? We would get a bumper crowd playing this afternoon instead of a crappy Tuesday nite were will be lucky to get 23000

I asked Paul Barber this (and also about the early KO at Brentford) and he got back to me this morning. He said Brentford traditionally ask for an early kick-off for home Boxing Day fixtures for policing and also 'nice neighbour' reasons. Albion looked at it and decided to agree after seeing that travel arrangements for fans would largely be the same and that it would also give an extra couple of hours rest for the players. Albion then used their option to change the time of the Ipswich match to give as much rest to the players as possible....all this before Sky came in to bring the Wolves fixture forward a day. In Mr Barber's experience whatever happened with the Bank Holiday fixture some people could make one KO time but not another so the feeling is the attendance shouldn't be affected that much.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I asked Paul Barber this (and also about the early KO at Brentford) and he got back to me this morning. He said Brentford traditionally ask for an early kick-off for home Boxing Day fixtures for policing and also 'nice neighbour' reasons. Albion looked at it and decided to agree after seeing that travel arrangements for fans would largely be the same and that it would also give an extra couple of hours rest for the players. Albion then used their option to change the time of the Ipswich match to give as much rest to the players as possible....all this before Sky came in to bring the Wolves fixture forward a day. In Mr Barber's experience whatever happened with the Bank Holiday fixture some people could make one KO time but not another so the feeling is the attendance shouldn't be affected that much.

I think Barber has let down the fans by pushing this back a day given all the travel issues. K#*b

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Looks like Boro will press on and take one of the automatic places. A win for us tomorrow and we are ten points clear of Ipswich, if this is the case in my little mind that puts us at least four games ahead of seventh place with twenty one to play.
I know it's a strange logic but it works for me in the second half of the season. Big game tomorrow, I would be delighted with a win and a draw over the next two home games and then a week off with the FA Cup.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

I think barber must live in a dream world if he thinks the attendance won't be lower playing on a Tuesday nite, rather than a Monday bank holiday afternoon , must be much easier for all fans to get to the ground in the afternoon than a night match ,stupid idea !

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think Barber has let down the fans by pushing this back a day given all the travel issues. K#*b

Bit harsh. Our players looked knackered as it was at Griffin Park, I don't mind giving them an extra day's break.

A bank holiday afternoon game is always fun, but the trains would have been a pain in the arse.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Still laugh at the arrogant Bristol City goon who predicted on some board or other that they'd finnish AT LEAST 10 places above us :lolol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think barber must live in a dream world if he thinks the attendance won't be lower playing on a Tuesday nite, rather than a Monday bank holiday afternoon , must be much easier for all fans to get to the ground in the afternoon than a night match ,stupid idea !

But is it all about the attendance? Perhaps just occasionally, they make the decision with the players in mind, not the crowd. Albion getting promoted would get the club a lot more money than a couple of thousand ticket sales for a December game...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here