Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Has Gus called off the Court case?

I asked that and from what I could tell it seems the ball is firmly in GP court, the club have moved on. I'm not au fait with employment law but I guess GP has a limited time to take it to next step and until that's elapsed I guess they don't know.

TB was clearly irritated by the suggestion that he was fired on TV

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I asked that and from what I could tell it seems the ball is firmly in GP court, the club have moved on. I'm not au fait with employment law but I guess GP has a limited time to take it to next step and until that's elapsed I guess they don't know.

Spoke to him personally 7hrs prior to tv

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

Thanks.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Bloom confirmed that he had spoken to Poyet 7 hours before he went on TV.

That's not answering the question I asked! Can we take it that he didn't confirm that he'd told Gus he was fired in that conversation then? I have absolutely no axe to grind on this topic; merely seeking clarification, s'all. At the moment, it reads like TB was irritated that people think that Gus was fired live on TV, confirmed that he'd spoken to Gus some 7 hours previously, but did not specify what was said in that conversation.... is that right?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Bloom said a few other things that aren't included on the Twitter feed.

I don't want to misquote him so won't say much but:

The phone call from Gus before the first palace game went along the lines of "hello tony. Two things, can we bring Painter back from Bournemouth as Bridge has a knock, and oh, by the way I'd like to resign with immediate effect"

And he won't be rushing to buy Dick Knight's book.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Bloom said a few other things that aren't included on the Twitter feed.

I don't want to misquote him so won't say much but:

The phone call from Gus before the first palace game went along the lines of "hello tony. Two things, can we bring Painter back from Bournemouth as Bridge has a knock, and oh, by the way I'd like to resign with immediate effect"

And he won't be rushing to buy Dick Knight's book.

Especially on a public forum, I guess? Fairy nuff. Thanks for what you have said.

I always enjoy listening to TB; he comes across as very genuine, engaged and professional. As, incidentally, does Paul Barber (hush my mouth!)

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
So is Gus not going to court?

He didn't actually say that but was very open about what happened and yet made no comment on charlie. This I read as resolved GP but not CO. Could be wrong but I don't think so.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Good stuff. Cheers guys.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Whoa! Can I clarify what you're saying: did TB specifically say that he'd had spoken to Gus 7 hrs prior to the TV spot to confirm he was dismissed?

Maybe the conversation was something like "it has been known since March that you want to leave BHAFC. We have reached a decision about your departure and you will be receiving a confirmation email later today"? Of course I have no idea if the conversation went like that at all but I bet it was along similar lines.

The phone call in March by Poyet also explains his post match comments after the Palace.games. He had no intention of staying at the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here