Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
What was his highest ever Betfair balance?

Can he get his old mate Victor C to open an office in one of the ludicrously underused Ladies toilets in WSL?

when one of his horses is 'off' can he, just once, tell everyone on NSC so we can all lump on?

When did he last post on NSC?

Can he multiply 376 x 947 in his head?

Who would he rather have dinner with Gus or Charlie?

When are all clients of Premierbet who were/are also ST holders (total 1 - me?) going to be lavishly 'comped' at The Amex!?

Last edited:

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Can't believe how open and honest he was about the Gus situation that no longer exists. I thought we would never know the truth.

Tight lipped on Charlie though.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
So what of interest did Tony say ? ???

I guess nobody will want to be misquoted but basically reaffirming he got the call from Gus a week before the Palace league game in March saying he didn't want to be here any more, promoted or not.

I guess that puts club in diff position, he said if it had been a less important admin sort then no worry but as Manager it put the club in difficult position etc. Also said was unsettling for (some) players and just needed to be acted on

If you piece it all together it's pretty obvious what happened and why.

Good evening, great respect for him giving time to a random bunch of regular fans

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I guess nobody will want to be misquoted but basically reaffirming he got the call from Gus a week before the Palace league game in March saying he didn't want to be here any more, promoted or not.

I guess that puts club in diff position, he said if it had been a less important admin sort then no worry but as Manager it put the club in difficult position etc. Also said was unsettling for (some) players and just needed to be acted on

If you piece it all together it's pretty obvious what happened and why.

Good evening, great respect for him giving time to a random bunch of regular fans

I don't understand this - was he suggesting that the club deliberately 'engineered' the end of season situation that saw GP sacked? ???

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I don't understand this - was he suggesting that the club deliberately 'engineered' the end of season situation that saw GP sacked? ???

Not at all. TB said that the club took legal advice and also validated that advice through a second opinion. He didn't detail much more but it's common knowledge that Gus refused to deal with the retained list so it's fair to assume that there were other examples in the lead up to end of season. Not engineered at all, just the necessary action when confronted with the situation.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
That's a bit of a leap isn't it?

I read that as: The manager was unsettling some of the players, so it needed to be sorted out.

That's how I read it as well!

What I was asking - was it sorted out by 'engineering' a situation where they could sack GP because that was the end result.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
That's how I read it as well!

What I was asking - was it sorted out by 'engineering' a situation where they could sack GP because that was the end result.

He is hardly likely to say that is he. An equally viable solution to that problem would have meant Gus staying, but sadly that obviously never came to fruition.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
*waits for a libellous statement to cause another NSC shutdown*

Regrettably, couldn't make it over to Horsham last night as I had to attend a Parish Council Meeting.

I'm surprised that more fans don't post their experiences of talking with TB as he is very approachable and open. Our son and I sat with him on a train to Sheffield a couple of seasons back and learnt more about the club (and running a business in general tbh) in that 90 minutes than I have in 50 years+. From memory I'm due to buy the Cadbury's fingers next time and take him along to SxCCC where he used to score the games as a youngster (and yes, he still has the scorebooks).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here