Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
People perpetuate this theory, that safe standing in the North would increase the capacity, but the club have repeatedly said that the capacity of the stand is determined NOT by how many you could squeeze in, but by the egress routes, number of toilets, etc, and that conversion would NOT icrease the capacity.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
People perpetuate this theory, that safe standing in the North would increase the capacity, but the club have repeatedly said that the capacity of the stand is determined NOT by how many you could squeeze in, but by the egress routes, number of toilets, etc, and that conversion would NOT icrease the capacity.

Then make it all standing for the existing people in there !
No need for any more egress routes or toilets !!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I'm pretty sure (in fact I'm certain) that when I went to the Amex briefings in 2010/11, Ken Brown said that we could expand the capacity to about 31,000 but couldn't go any higher than that - before adding, with a laugh, if we wanted to go higher, we'd need to get a new ground

I'd have thought that given the moans about buses, car parks and trains when the gate's about 25,000, NSC would go into meltdown if we had 40,000 trying to get away from the ground

What we need to do is bulldoze the houses in Woodingdean from the Downs pub north, and place a huge carp park/park and ride area, then build a tunnel under the hills down to the ground.

Sorted :moo:

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
What we need to do is bulldoze the houses in Woodingdean from the Downs pub north, and place a huge carp park/park and ride area, then build a tunnel under the hills down to the ground.

Sorted :moo:

I don't want to go fishing

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

They could bulge the stadium out at the side to make the NS concourse bigger, if they felt it was necessary, and if they could get permission.

Feb 14, 2010
Surely that depends on the price of tickets?

Yes and no. Yes because price will effect demand. No because Brighton are getting 26000 to 30000 for second tier football without discounting prices too much and have sold 23000 season tickets for second tier football

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Yes and no. Yes because price will effect demand. No because Brighton are getting 26000 to 30000 for second tier football without discounting prices too much and have sold 23000 season tickets for second tier football

Don't you think they might ROCKET in the PL and that would naturally exclude some/many that are enjoying the cheap ride at the moment?

Feb 14, 2010
Don't you think they might ROCKET in the PL and that would naturally exclude some/many that are enjoying the cheap ride at the moment?

Yes I do, although I think Brighton's ticket prices are in the top end for the Championship and so its not a cheap ride at the moment. The increase in demand for top tier football, without and increase in supply (ie ground capacity) will result in higher prices, which is one (but not the only) reason why the club need to increase capacity if we go up. Get a larger capacity and prices will not go up by as much, or if they do then the Albion are quids in either way.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
IMO our ground is plenty big enough, even for the prem.

TB wasn't asked about safe standing or increasing the capacity.

He did also mention in passing that he had just had notification that Paul Barber had been voted the Championships best Chief Exec, by all the other chief execs in our division.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here