Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom "Extremely confident...we'll have a competitive squad"

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Mid table = less bums on seats. Tony isn't stupid, unlike some people on here who assume all our fans will stick with it whatever.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think what you actually suggested was that he'd be a failure / be off at the very first opportunity. ALmost FOUR YEARS later, you were proven SPOT ON.

Well done you.

4 years later, he was proven entirely wrong. He wasn't off at the first opportunity and he was a massive success for the club. Apart from that, he was spot on.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Great news.

I was going to post something earlier regarding the poor attitude of some Brighton fans who seem to want us to bring in any Tom, Dick or Harry. I am certain the people behind the scenes are moving heaven and earth to bring in the right players but quality players are not easy to attract and some deals take time but are worth it.

I think Tom, Dick and Harry are better than Emmanuel, Leon and Gary!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Interesting bounce, not only was it very uncompetitive squad but it wasn't together until well into the season. Must do better next year....and proof that TB knows no more about football than the rest of us.

Hanging on got the prices down no doubt

Last edited:

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Bloom interview on Seagulls Player just published...
“We’re extremely confident we will bring in the right players for Brighton.We could bring in a few players tomorrow but we want to bring in the best players with the budget that we’ve got and I’m confident that at the start of the season we’ll have a very competitive squad”

http://youtu.be/uZ_lP1pbMGE

Is this not along the lines of what we heard last year. He's not really going to say he'll bring in rubbish players, on high wages that are bad value for money with a team full of loan, free agent out of contract players. Oh no that was this year! From the man that said we have a play off achieving squad this year, when we have used 34 different players, its clear there is little direction at top levels in the club.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is this not along the lines of what we heard last year. He's not really going to say he'll bring in rubbish players, on high wages that are bad value for money with a team full of loan, free agent out of contract players. Oh no that was this year! From the man that said we have a play off achieving squad this year, when we have used 34 different players, its clear there is little direction at top levels in the club.

This is last year. It's been bounced.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
He's only saying what he knows we want to hear. Come on Tony, put your money where your mouth is.

Sure, he's built us a 100 million pound, state of the art, truly world class stadium. And sure he's spent 30 million pounds on a state of the art, world class training facility which will provide this club with young talent for years to come. And sure, he's trying to run the club as a successful business and make ends meet so we have a sustainable club for the long-term.

But the problem is. I think he lacks ambition. Why doesn't he go out and buy a player we've actually heard of. Today. Don't consider our options. Pay over the odds. Buy anyone as long as I've heard of him. I'm not content with getting into the playoffs two seasons in a row. I want more. I want it now. I want premier league. I want us to be like Man United. Why aren't we like Man United? I want..... oh.

Sorry, I've just realised that I'm actually a massive DONG and Tony Bloom is the best thing any football club in the world could ever wish for. But WE have him. We have the best chairman you could ever want in charge of your football club. Ever.

I think you might have missed the fact that not only has he funded a "world class stadium" and a "state of the art academy" but he's also funded your quite significant losses as well.

How anyone could accuse him of lacking ambition is utterly beyond my comprehension.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I really didn't get the Baldock signing a striker was needed and when we finally signed him we played him as a winger??? He has shown he can finish probably as things stand the best finisher in the side, obviously injured now but what the hell was that all about?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here