Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom "Extremely confident...we'll have a competitive squad"

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Not to sound disrespectful but It's sounding like he's just telling the fans what they want to hear.

And what would you rather he says? It seems to me that he can't win, if he doesn't say anything at all fans speculate that absolutely nothing is going in and get annoyed at a lack of information and transparency from the club...but then if he does say something it just means he's saying what we want to hear?

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
And what would you rather he says? It seems to me that he can't win, if he doesn't say anything at all fans speculate that absolutely nothing is going in and get annoyed at a lack of information and transparency from the club...but then if he does say something it just means he's saying what we want to hear?

Exacally. It keeps the masses quiet.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"we never hear from Tony"
"All we get is Barber (-out)"

'Well what was the point of that'.
'Said nothing means nothing'.
'It's just a money grab, He would say that, wouldn't he'.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Let's just see what happens. My expectations are low but, then again, I'm a glass half empty man. The words "within budget" are not terribly inspiring.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Let's be honest. He's not going to come out and say that he is worried about how the way the window has been for us so far and that our squad may not be competitive next season.

I'm not worried at all by the way. I think we are at most 5 signings away from a very competitive squad. This interview hasn't changed my mind one way or the other.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Not sure why Mr Tony is so untrusted. I personally can't recall anytime that he has ever been less than honest with supporters. I'd sooner be patient, perhaps buy 2 quality players rather than 4 mediocre ones. :)

As long as they are not of the sick note variety that we seem to collect when called quality players, in which case two will not be enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here