Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom breaks his silence.. to Andy Naylor

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Four times the wages perhaps?

Well yes. As in all walks of life, whether buying a house, a car or in the case of BHAFC, Players. You usually get what you pay for. If you go for the cheap option, you tend to get worthless old tat. Whereas Murray could have been considered a BMW in terms of quality, O'Grady is more Trabant......

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not on loan with Palace contributing it wouldnt no.

1. Parish is shrewd. If he doesn't need to pay any wages for a player sent out on loan, then he won't. I would expect Reading are paying 100%.

2. How does anyone know that Hyypia wanted Murray? He has no prior connection with Murray - he's just A.N.Other player to him.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Getting rid of Sami and jones and replacing them will cost the club at least £3m. Bloom thinks having Sami still in charge will save the club money where in fact it'll cost the club double or triple that if we are relegated.
6-9 million you reckon? I'd be interested in seeing the numbers behind that assertion.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
1. Parish is shrewd. If he doesn't need to pay any wages for a player sent out on loan, then he won't. I would expect Reading are paying 100%.

2. How does anyone know that Hyypia wanted Murray? He has no prior connection with Murray - he's just A.N.Other player to him.

Agree on point one, but Elliott Bennett is an example of a player returning of whom Hyypia admitted he knows (or knew) very little.

smiler

Jan 12, 2006
Shoreham by Sea

1 Thats what I heard.
2 A bit like Elliott Bennett who we have on loan

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

You'd HOPE plenty of staff at the club would be strongly, strongly suggesting to Sami that we had a look at this Glenn Murray chap (who never wanted to leave in the first place and is settled in Brighton).

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
He tried to do things on the cheap in the summer and backfired and he'll not learn till it's to late. He has only himself to blame. The fans are in revolt but still he doesn't listen.

It's true. Some of the fans are revolting.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
I just hope that there is some acknowledgement of the need for change somewhere in the interviews. He cannot possibly just argue for the status quo. People are voting with their feet in large numbers and the product on the field is dreadful. Not saying everyone (Burke Barber Hyypia) should be sacked (although I do believe Hyypia should have gone weeks ago) but some changes have to be identified and an acknowledgement that promises made in the summer on the squad have not been realised. There has to be some responsibility taken for the dreadful transfer windows we have endured last January and the Summer and I am looking forward to hearing how we can prevent these from happening again.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As a fan, I will be very surprised if TB is particularly impressed with the forwards that we have signed this season, or the way things are going. He's not going to say that though is he?

Good that he has agreed to answer Naylor's questions but he is too smart to tell us anything of substance imo.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Expect but not fact. As Mellotron says someone should have signed him and said here you go.

JUST LIKE BLOOM DID FOR DEAN WILKINS WHEN WE SIGNED HIM FROM CARLISLE.

For those with short memories Wilkins first met Murray on the training ground he had no idea we were signing him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Expect but not fact. As Mellotron says someone should have signed him and said here you go.

JUST LIKE BLOOM DID FOR DEAN WILKINS WHEN WE SIGNED HIM FROM CARLISLE.

For those with short memories Wilkins first met Murray on the training ground he had no idea we were signing him.

Bloom? I thought DK was still the DICKTATOR back then? I also thought that we signed him from Rochdale?

Maybe I have a short memory :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here