Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonight's actual bums on seats

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I couldn't go today. 2 empty seats. I apologise.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I watched it on the telly, I would say there were about 24,417 there, give or take a hundred.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Tits getting so stupid. It's a Barber embarrassment. Probably about 21-22k in the ground and they announce 27500!!! Utter balls.
Not only that, it was quiet as a church most of the time, where has the atmosphere gone? Masses of empty seats in the north and I can't remember the last time I heard the west upper. It's just a pretty shitty experience at the Amex these days.

Addiseagull

Nov 30, 2005
Tits getting so stupid. It's a Barber embarrassment. Probably about 21-22k in the ground and they announce 27500!!! Utter balls.
Not only that, it was quiet as a church most of the time, where has the atmosphere gone? Masses of empty seats in the north and I can't remember the last time I heard the west upper. It's just a pretty shitty experience at the Amex these days.

Don't go then. I thought it was a cracker last night, especially second half. And there were at least 25,000 in the ground. Love the Amex experience and always will.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I am intrigued as to why this matters to some people so much?
We sold 27,600 tickets.
People not turning up on the worst weather night of the season so far, is unsurprising.
Yes, we lost their supplementary income, but it is not like they are preventing others from buying tickets is it?

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
We sold 27,600 tickets.
People not turning up on the worst weather night of the season so far, is unsurprising.
Yes, we lost their supplementary income, but it is not like they are preventing others from buying tickets is it?

I was very impressed when I saw the BBC report you had 27,500 there last night. But as you say, even if it was only 22,500 that's not bad for a televised match with storm warnings dominating the news.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We sold 27,600 tickets.

Since the dawn of time many football supporters have been interested in the actual number of fans inside a ground, aka "the attendance".

Maybe you're not one of those - fine - but many others are interested.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Since the dawn of time many football supporters have been interested in the actual number of fans inside a ground, aka "the attendance".

Interested, yes, but not to the point that it becomes a "Barber embarrassment" for example. I suppose mine was more of a comment on why some seemed to get REALLY wound up about it.

I would be annoyed if I could not get a ticket as we had sold out and thousands did not turn up, certainly. But that is not the case at the moment - but it will be later in the season when we are pushing for promotion :)

I can't understand the fascination myself :whistle:

(a cracking match with over 7k more than Palace could muster for Arsenal :albion2:)

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Don't go then. I thought it was a cracker last night, especially second half. And there were at least 25,000 in the ground. Love the Amex experience and always will.

Mate it's becoming a possibility for the first time in 28years. At the moment I'll not be renewing. It's just not fun anymore. I've sat through years if shite watching the Albion, wrote letters, went on marches, sent flowers, done it all. Now we are a corporate club, I'm now a corporate fan. I don't want to go to football for a moan, the Amex is a superb stadium but its appeal is wearing off when it's like a library in there and the football is dour.
There was NO WAY there was 25k in the Amex last night. I just saw the highlights on sky and more empty seats in the east than occupied. 22k maximum, more like 21k.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I can't understand the fascination myself :whistle:

(a cracking match with over 7k more than Palace could muster for Arsenal :albion2:)

More like the same as palace. No way did 27k attend.
Face it mate, if palace had the Amex they'd fill it in the prem, I don't really give a shot about palace. It just pisses me off that BHAFC use the term 'attendance' when there is no way the figure they announce is actually in attendance. It's like papering over cracks, pretending all is well when clearly 6-7k of our supporters can't be bothered to turn up.

Mate it's becoming a possibility for the first time in 28years. At the moment I'll not be renewing. It's just not fun anymore. I've sat through years if shite watching the Albion, wrote letters, went on marches, sent flowers, done it all. Now we are a corporate club, I'm now a corporate fan. I don't want to go to football for a moan, the Amex is a superb stadium but its appeal is wearing off when it's like a library in there and the football is dour.
There was NO WAY there was 25k in the Amex last night. I just saw the highlights on sky and more empty seats in the east than occupied. 22k maximum, more like 21k.

As someone who ACTUALLY went and sits opposite the East with a perfect view of it I can tell you that I was surprised at how full it was. Even the end section near the Watford supporters was nearly full - excellent effort from the Albion faithful last night. 25k easily.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
As someone who ACTUALLY went and sits opposite the East with a perfect view of it I can tell you that I was surprised at how full it was. Even the end section near the Watford supporters was nearly full - excellent effort from the Albion faithful last night. 25k easily.

I was in the upper east and suprised at the amount if empty seats all over the stadium. At the final whistle there was probably about 15k in the ground.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Whether anyone thinks it was 21k or 23k or 25k doesn't matter, the point is the figure BHAFC announce in attendance are not! It's annoying, sad and it don't understand who's benefit it's for? Why lie?
I'm sure they have the technology to know exactly how many are in attendance. If BHAFC don't want to say the correct figure then don't bother saying it at all. It was laughable last night.

The club absolutely know the actual attendance figures; they simply don't publish them. Why? I have no idea.
The Club collect and record data as folk pass through the turnstiles. They know exactly how many people are in the ground, minute by minute. They've used this data in planning applications to demonstrate how effective the transport plan is in achieving a good spread of arrival times at the stadium.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Whether anyone thinks it was 21k or 23k or 25k doesn't matter, the point is the figure BHAFC announce in attendance are not! It's annoying, sad and it don't understand who's benefit it's for? Why lie?
I'm sure they have the technology to know exactly how many are in attendance. If BHAFC don't want to say the correct figure then don't bother saying it at all. It was laughable last night.

I'm sure this has been answered before: it's marketing to sponsors. Selling advertising is easier when you can claim to get 26.5k every home game - the highest in the division - instead of 23-24k, or whatever it really is.

Every club reports their crowd figures this way for the same reasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here