Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonight's actual bums on seats

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Whatever the actual attendance was, selling 27,657 tickets for a Monday night game is outstanding for a second tier club. Well done all.

:albion2:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
To be honest in our area of the esu is was the most packed its been this and last season apart from the palace game,although we did leave two empty seats on 76 minutes.

Interesting because around me in ESU it was the opposite.
If that kick off was delay much longer you would be going before you were coming :)

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
More people made it than I was expecting given the impact of the storm on the transport infrastructure I reckon about 24,000 or so. Good turnout from Watford too. Really pleased we shifted nearly 28,000 tickets for this one. Can't understand these threads knocking the attendance when all the club do is follow standard procedure in announcing tickets sold.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
But it was1/3 empty. There were loads of empty seats everywhere.

I can't comment on the North because I'm in it, but from my view of the other stands it wasn't noticibly more empty than any other evening game and there were more people in the south than for other games this season.

The have been loads of empty seats for every game this season so either every attendance has been around the 22/23,000 mark or I'm wildly out. I'm happy to admit that I could be as from the North stand I can't see some of the empties in the ESU or WSU because of the angle I'm viewing from, but every other poster has the same problem depending on where they sit.

It is really difficult to guess an attendance just by looking. Look at the differences in the guesses on this thread, or look at any away thread where people predict how many were there and they are invariably wrong.

I'm trying to look at it logically, the west stand holds just under 12,000, if last night you emptied the entire west and put people in the empty seats in the rest of the ground would you be left with the WSU and WSL completely empty? I don't think you could do it.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
As someone who ACTUALLY went and sits opposite the East with a perfect view of it I can tell you that I was surprised at how full it was. Even the end section near the Watford supporters was nearly full - excellent effort from the Albion faithful last night. 25k easily.

To an extent I agree. I watched on sky and although there were huge gaps when the game started, they pretty much filled up. There was no way there were a third of the seats empty. I was quite impressed as I thought the poor travel arrangements would reflect on bums on seats. Even the sky commentator said the crowd had really increased after abut twenty minutes. As with most things in life, some people are extreme at either pole, usually the answer lies between. There appeared from tv shots to be about 25000 there which is amazing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here