Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tomasz Kuszczak

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Surely Steele's command of the box, shot stopping and his distribution with his 'phenomenally long kick' Vinecombes words not mine, make him top of the heap. TK always appears to me to nervous at corners and set pieces and his distribution his really awful for someone who is a professional?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Surely Steele's command of the box, shot stopping and his distribution with his 'phenomenally long kick' Vinecombes words not mine, make him top of the heap. TK always appears to me to nervous at corners and set pieces and his distribution his really awful for someone who is a professional?

For me TK is the best goalkeeper BHAFC have ever had. I did a poll earlier in the season asking if TK was the best goalkeeper BHAFC have ever had and 80% said yes. He has made I think 2 bad errors in 2 seasons and about 80 games and kept around 30 clean sheets.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Hmm, how many on here have ever heard of Eric Steele, let alone saw him. I don't feel that he is the safe pair of hands that some see, \I don't have that confidence that others have and when I see opposition keepers at home they appear to be much more proactive and commanding. But its subjective, he's going to be selected today and we all have to get behind him!!

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Joe Corrigan weren't to shabby either

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He didn't touch the one that hit the bar. It hit the bar directly and then hit him on the back. He didn't make a save during the game. He did intercept a couple of balls in the 6 yard area but they weren't on target.

At the time I thought he got his fingertips to it, and intercepting the ball is still a goalkeeping job :shrug: I think we can agree that he wasn't at fault for either goal on Thursday though.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Don't know how old you are but I can think of Eric Steele, Graham Moseley, Peter Grimmit. TK is suspect in the air and has no command of his box. The goal against Wigan we conceded was so like the Brezovan hash against Hull yet nothing on here. If he stays, he's in for a pay cut, no way is he an automatic premiership selection.

Never saw Peter Grimmit, Eric Steele was ok but never rated Graham Moseley, and also lets not forget those were the days when passing back to the goalkeeper was legal so it's difficult to compare with that era.

I do agree that he wouldn't be an automatic selection if he joined a Prem club but I am happy he is in goal for us today.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Never saw Peter Grimmit, Eric Steele was ok but never rated Graham Moseley, and also lets not forget those were the days when passing back to the goalkeeper was legal so it's difficult to compare with that era.

I do agree that he wouldn't be an automatic selection if he joined a Prem club but I am happy he is in goal for us today.

Grummitt was the best ever in my opinion. One inspired performance from Kuszczak today though just might change my mind. C`mon Brighton !!

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Thomas is not fit to tie the laces of Powney, Grummit, Steele or Moseley. Look at some old recordings and you will see why!

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I'm genuinely surprised that the very handsome John Keeley hasn't been mentioned.

He has a story or two to tell as a bonus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here