Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tomasz Kuszczak

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Hasn't been at his best for the last couple of months but would love to see him stay.

The standard of keeping in the Championship in the last couple of years has been exceptional though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Koosh made some important saves on Thursday and cannot be blamed for either goal.

He didn't make ANY saves, actually. Not one. (They had no other shots on target, other than the goal)

This.

The penalty, its always hard to call as its 50/50 really, he went the wrong way - it happens...

...every time

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Really not sure why a majority of our fans rate the bloke so highly. Apart from being an "ok" shot stopper he has nothing else to his game. In fact his overall game is poor. He flaps at crosses, chooses to punch when its easier to catch, doesn't command his area and has two left feet. I for 1 hope he is gone next season. Would be amazed if he ended up in the premier league.This is not a wind up.

Again not sure why the thumbs downs, I also won't lose any sleep if he slopes off somewhere else, yes he stops lots of shots but so does every keeper in the league. And frankly just lately his performances have dipped I'm not sure clubs will be queuing to hand him lots of cash.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I was trying to think last night, the last time a Brighton keeper saved a penalty. Still haven't got it :shrug:

Peter Brezovan at Liverpool (if anyone else mentions this, I haven't read the whole thread). He had a complete mare that game, but made a fine stop from a Suarez penalty. As for Tomasz Kuszczak, not a patch on Ben Roberts, who is the best keeper I have seen play for the Albion, in my view, along with Mark Beeney. Was great in 2012-2013, with the exception of Birmingham away, Bolton away (where he seemed to take an age to dive - it's the Barnes sending off game I mean, not this season's) and possibly Wolves away, but has looked far less solid this season.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He didn't make ANY saves, actually. Not one. (They had no other shots on target, other than the goal)

Yes he did he clawed a cross out of the path of of a Derby attacker, and he stopped a low cross at close range when the whole of the Amex thought they scored, and technically made a great save when he palmed a shot onto the crossbar but was unlucky for it to then hit him on his back for the own goal.

Maybe you could tell me what he did wrong on Thursday?

p.s. You DON'T have to capitalise when making a comment, unless your motivation is to provoke.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes he did he clawed a cross out of the path of of a Derby attacker, and he stopped a low cross at close range when the whole of the Amex thought they scored, and technically made a great save when he palmed a shot onto the crossbar but was unlucky for it to then hit him on his back for the own goal.

I think you need your eyes checked, mate. The one into the side netting was blocked by the defender before it reached TK, and he didn't get anywhere NEAR the shot that led to the own goal.

(But no, he didn't do anything wrong. He didn't really do anything - in contrast to Lee Grant, who won his side the game)

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Again not sure why the thumbs downs, I also won't lose any sleep if he slopes off somewhere else, yes he stops lots of shots but so does every keeper in the league. And frankly just lately his performances have dipped I'm not sure clubs will be queuing to hand him lots of cash.

T K was premier league quality when we signed him, unfortunately he has dropped to the level of the rest of the team since joining us,saying that he is still our best player by a country mile:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
T K was premier league quality when we signed him, unfortunately he has dropped to the level of the rest of the team since joining us,saying that he is still our best player by a country mile:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:
True he is not as outstanding as when we signed him but still the best ever in a Brighton jersey possibly lacking confidence/ concentration with his agent telling him he will be in the Premier next season. Who is his sgent?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think you need your eyes checked, mate. The one into the side netting was blocked by the defender before it reached TK, and he didn't get anywhere NEAR the shot that led to the own goal.

(But no, he didn't do anything wrong. He didn't really do anything - in contrast to Lee Grant, who won his side the game)

Whichever way you want to look at it and criticise, he put himself in good positions, and as far as taking the piss about getting my eyes checked I don’t have a slow motion feature incorporated in my visual cortex. The commentary said he redeemed himself from the howler last week and that is good enough for me.

AND if you want to correct me on something the least you can do as a moderator is respond like an adult not like a CHILD using capitals.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not a patch on Kuipers - just ask Chez!

Won't be seeing him as a match day host neither, not legendary enough. It's a no from me...

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
I am too old, and have seen too much of the fickle-fan phenomenon, to be in the least surprised by this thread. It happens in every league, in every country - nihil novi sub sole. Of course, that is not to say that it isn't equally despicable every time it happens.

To say something like that about your club's player...

terryberry1 said:
I for 1 hope he is gone next season.

... can only be justified if the player is not doing his best on purpose, or had an absolutely atrocious season. To say something like that about the keeper with whom BHA reached the play-offs two times in a row, and who has kept most clean sheets in Championship this season is, frankly, disgusting.

There is this slight possibility that Terryberry truly believes what he wrote in the post quoted below...

Really not sure why a majority of our fans rate the bloke so highly. Apart from being an "ok" shot stopper he has nothing else to his game. In fact his overall game is poor. He flaps at crosses, chooses to punch when its easier to catch, doesn't command his area and has two left feet.

... in which case he is not a fickle fan, and I owe him an apology. He simply knows absolutely f*ckall about football in general and goalkeeping in particular (also a very common phenomenon).

Rant over.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

He didn't touch the one that hit the bar. It hit the bar directly and then hit him on the back. He didn't make a save during the game. He did intercept a couple of balls in the 6 yard area but they weren't on target.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He didn't touch the one that hit the bar. It hit the bar directly and then hit him on the back. He didn't make a save during the game. He did intercept a couple of balls in the 6 yard area but they weren't on target.

He punched a fierce shot out in the second half.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Oh give over! He punch a chest high cross that he should have easily caught!

Clutching at straws now.

Possibly. Still he is the best goalkeeper for me that we have had in my lifetime.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Possibly. Still he is the best goalkeeper for me that we have had in my lifetime.

At his best, I agree. When he's on it, he is superb. QPR at home for example, was a flawless, utterly commanding display. This season though, he has rarely sustained those levels, and he's made mistakes that either of the other two would have been crucified for.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Having seen the Polish Eurovision entry last night I think I know where Tomas got his love of fisting from.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

Don't know how old you are but I can think of Eric Steele, Graham Moseley, Peter Grimmit. TK is suspect in the air and has no command of his box. The goal against Wigan we conceded was so like the Brezovan hash against Hull yet nothing on here. If he stays, he's in for a pay cut, no way is he an automatic premiership selection.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Don't know how old you are but I can think of Eric Steele, Graham Moseley, Peter Grimmit. TK is suspect in the air and has no command of his box. The goal against Wigan we conceded was so like the Brezovan hash against Hull yet nothing on here. If he stays, he's in for a pay cut, no way is he an automatic premiership selection.

51 and seen all of the above.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here