Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tomasz Kuszczak

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
best keeper we've had that i've ever seen by a country mile

wouldnt be surprised his form has dipped seeing as he's still waiting on a contract from brighton - which im sure as others have said he is not happy about

He's not waiting on a contract, He wants out. Good riddance. Would rather have 1 of the other 2 clowns in goal.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I don't think he's looked as good as he did last season.

Has he fallen out with people? Is his mind elsewhere? Maybe it's just a long dip in form?

I'm with you here CS, I think he's fallen out with some/all of his team mates and this is the reasons he's not as good as last season - don't believe he's suddenly a worse goalkeeper!

Indicative of a few though... eg Greer seems to have lost it at least once with most of his team mates over the season and had visible on-field spats. I think he should be replaced as captain next season and were TK not so out of sorts I think taking on the armband would do him/us a lot of good.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He has been the most consistent, reliable goalkeeper we've had at the club for a LONG time. He's had a handful of mistakes recently, that's it.

"Ok shot stopper"... ffs.

This.

Ridiculous isn't it?, all these negative comments are coming from the same people who just a few short weeks ago were claiming that the Pig was the best keeper outside of the Premier League.

Whilst l'm not sure that he is THE best keeper, he is certainly very consistent. I don't think he was that bad last night either, certainly there was nothing he could do to stop Derby's second goal, he just got very lucky when the ball rebounded into the net off his back.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Agreed, was utterly outshone by the Derby keeper who played a blinder and has never looked secure this season - doubt any PL teams will be after him on his recent performances

Outshone by the Derby keeper? It's a little tricky for Kuszczak to save non existent shots. Apart from the penalty he had virtually nothing to do last night but looked secure in what he did (unless you somehow want to blame him for the richochet?) That said, his form has taken a dip recently. Still a quality keeper.

May 9, 2008
Stanmore, London
I think his distribution is his worst fault, be it kicking, throwing or rolling out he's just too slow. By the time he decides what he's going to do with the ball the opposition have had plenty of time to get back into their defensive positions. A bit like when the outfield players constantly pass backwards and sideways.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
certainly there was nothing he could do to stop Derby's second goal,

Radical thinking, I know, but he COULD have tipped the original shot over.

(Not suggesting that would have been easy - it was a cracking strike. On another day a keeper would have got the touch, though. Just like Grant pulled out a worldy to tip Ulloa's mis-hit onto the bar, and just like Speroni managed from Barnes last year. These are the big moments when keepers get their chance to shine. Or not)

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne
Over the last two seasons he's saved us a lot more points than his recent mistakes have cost us. I'd be very cautious about getting rid of him because we could easily end up with a worse, and more expensive, keeper.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd be very cautious about getting rid of him because we could easily end up with a worse, and more expensive, keeper.

There are many, many lesser keepers out there than Tomasz Kusczcak. But lesser, and MORE expensive? Very unlikely in my opinion.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I was trying to think last night, the last time a Brighton keeper saved a penalty. Still haven't got it :shrug:

Peter Brezovan. More than once. :wink:

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne
There are many, many lesser keepers out there than Tomasz Kusczcak. But lesser, and MORE expensive? Very unlikely in my opinion.
Perhaps I'm being overly pessimistic. Although if we went out a bought a keeper to replace him (as opposed to picking up someone on a free) that would probably cost us more overall.

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
From my view in the north end of WSL there was nothing that Tomas could have done about the shot. If it had been going in, ie lower, I'm sure he would have dealt with it. Mind you if it had been Ankeren in goal he would have stood rooted (again) while the ball hit the bar and it wouldn't have gone in!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He's better than Brez and Ank so for the time being he gets my vote.

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
hes rated so highly (and rightly I must add) because of the sh*t competition he is up against. by far our best keeper atm and definitely the best we have had in a LONG time

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Defensively the best 2 seasons in BHAFC's history with the most amount of clean sheets, still, nothing to do with Tom obviously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here