Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's officials

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
The FA and FL would be better off spending more time rising the standard of refs than all this reorg. of the league if they want to rise the standard of player in this country. The amount of tech ability will not rise all the time the foreign leagues are playing to a different set of contact rules, last night was an example. Abroad if a player had committed the sort of foul that the Derby player did when he just took out LL it would have been a red and not a yellow, a penalty when Ulloa was pulled by his shirt, the officials last night were poor and the standard of player coming through in this country will not improve if the refs do not get their act together and I for one have very little hope of that.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I didn't think they got too much wrong. The bloke behind did though he most angry about an offside that was offside, a foul on Buckley that looked a perfect tackle and Lingaard falling over after being brushed as he normally does.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
yea yea same old
we lose = refs fault

I thought BHAFC were ****ing useless for 72 minutes

The team had its faults but the worst performance on that pitch last night was from the officials.

For the first time this season, Oscar criticised the referee, which tells you a lot about how poor he was.

Even Oscar agrees.

No complaints about Derby's penalty but I hear that the Derby media team were pretty apologetic to Albion staff post-game about the officiating that saw us not receive at least one penalty.

Read into that what you will.

Thanks. I'll read into it that I was correct in the OP.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I thought the ref gave us a lot of fouls that were never even close. He saved us when Greer slipped and he gave it as a foul against us.

Oh, sorry. I forgot, we lost. "BLOODY REF!!!"

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
I thought the ref gave us a lot of fouls that were never even close. He saved us when Greer slipped and he gave it as a foul against us.

Oh, sorry. I forgot, we lost. "BLOODY REF!!!"

I dont think people are blaming the ref because we lost ,I think they are saying that refs need to be a bit more consistent .
If you can honestly say that the foul on Calderon and the shirt pulling and the grappling with Leo was ok then thats your opinion and have a differing idea of what a foul is than I do .But the fact is that the fouls were in the area and could have made a huge difference to us ,yes their pen was a penalty no doubt but so were our calls ....

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Upson should have been booked for the penalty, and there were a couple of controversial moments. Other than that, I didn't think the ref had a 'mare. With his assistants not flagging for fouls, it may well have been a case of the referee explicitly telling the linos to not flag for any infringements - that can happen.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He saved us when Greer slipped and he gave it as a foul against us.
When Greer was on our right wing, he was pushed. No guarantee the ref would give it, but I thought it was a foul.

Should we have been given a penalty? I haven't seen any replays.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Upson should have been booked for the penalty, and there were a couple of controversial moments. Other than that, I didn't think the ref had a 'mare. With his assistants not flagging for fouls, it may well have been a case of the referee explicitly telling the linos to not flag for any infringements - that can happen.

The lino on the west did flag twice. However, he was pretty useless. Quite a few times he was completely out of position and so would not have been able to make an accurate offside call. A couple of corners could have been taken before he even got there to flag it!

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Thats harsh.

We matched them for the first 25 minutes. They were exceptional for the next 20. In the second half we matched them and during the second part were the only team in it. We just don't have enough of an attacking mindset or an end product.

I would actually say first 20mins all over them. Our goal galvinised them and they were the better team up to half time and got 2 goals (one with a huge slice of luck). Second half, first 15 mins or so they were the better team, then for the rest of the game we were (however, Derby still looked like they were v dangerous on the break). We deserved a draw, but thats football.

Also, play like we did last night on Sunday and we have a chance.

briref

Aug 12, 2008
More that he doesn't like criticising referees so it must have been a bad performance for him to mention it in his post match interview.

Are you related to the referee?

still disagree!
oscar rarely mentions referee's performances, he has, so he must of been poor ? REALLY

The answer to 2nd point NO
I just do not watch a game through blue and white glasses

briref

Aug 12, 2008
No your not I agree ,it doesnt make it right but it goes on ,but in the box when a player wants to jump in a goal scoring position then yes of course it should be given ,its an infringement simple as .The officials were told a few seasons back to crack down on this sort of thing ,clearly they were just referring to the prema donna league

could not agree more.
though, you are not going to change "the way football is" in the 1st Leg of a Championship play off
The issue around, shirt pulling etc in area should be stopped.

And up to the bigwigs of the FA to work out how, not Roger East on a Thursday night at the AMEX.

I can assure you, this morning he would of sat down with his chiefs, assessors and coaches reviewed the game and all would of been happy with his performance last night

briref

Aug 12, 2008
the team had its faults but the worst performance on that pitch last night was from the officials.

Even oscar agrees.

Thanks. I'll read into it that i was correct in the op.

i would say the worst performance was caskey's

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Mods, could you change the title of this thread, it's incorrect. I thought I had missed a game today.:whistle:

By the way I thought the officials last night were ok.

briref

Aug 12, 2008
Regarding the lino's performance, the West stand lino gave the free kick which led to our goal.
The ref was not interested.

I have not seen the incident again, though at the time it looked shoulder to shoulder.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Just watching the game back and as I thought at the time, we should have definitely had two penalties and the officials were as shit as they seemed at the time.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Regarding the lino's performance, the West stand lino gave the free kick which led to our goal.
The ref was not interested.

I have not seen the incident again, though at the time it looked shoulder to shoulder.

Both at the time and on reviewing it was a blatant (and from Derby's viewpoint, ridiculous) shove. 100% free kick every day and one which the ref somehow almost missed. But again, I actually thought the ref had a pretty decent game even though he made one and maybe two big mistakes in not awarding us penalties which impacted the game massively but he wasn't bad in a D'Urso type way.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
could not agree more.
though, you are not going to change "the way football is" in the 1st Leg of a Championship play off
The issue around, shirt pulling etc in area should be stopped.

And up to the bigwigs of the FA to work out how, not Roger East on a Thursday night at the AMEX.

I can assure you, this morning he would of sat down with his chiefs, assessors and coaches reviewed the game and all would of been happy with his performance last night

If that's the case they should all be ashamed

gully1984

May 3, 2014
If that's the case they should all be ashamed

Agreed. How could they be happy and pleased with their decisions? Dreadful mistakes made. I'm trying to remain objective but find it hard to especially when the officials where such donuts in my view

Feb 14, 2010
Lets hope the ref at Derby will be able to make big decisions and not miss 2 clear cut penalties for us. Dreadful dreadful display by the ref at the Amex. Just goes to show how shit Upson's challenge was, as even that ref couldnt miss that one. What was Upson was playing ? For a professional footballer to be that shit is beyond belief.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here