Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's officials

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004

Decent officiating. Some questionable decisions, but still better than most.

Think at least ONE of our penalty claims was valid surely, but none were clear cut. Can't fault the ref.

Decent officiating. Some questionable decisions, but still better than most.

Think at least ONE of our penalty claims was valid surely, but none were clear cut. Can't fault the ref.

You can't be serious.
Those wankers (especially that tosser with the flag in front of me on the East touchline) were criminal tonight.
Bent, nothing else.

When a lino doesn't raise his flag for 2 assaults on Solly March that take place 3 feet in front of him and the ref has to come over to give a free kick and book the player, then something is badly wrong.

The filthy look the ref gave the lino just summed it up for me.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
The game was too big for them. With so many dead rubbers left in the Premier League, they should have used a top division referee.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The decision to give them a free kick when their player was basically hugging Ulloa in the box was ridiculous

Especially as he just warned said player. A definite penalty.

Have seen the others again but Calderón s looked a good shout

The East Stand lino was appalling.

Quite. The incident where March was being completely manhandled by Sammon whilst trying to give him the runaround right in front of that lino's and he gave nothing stands out to me. Ref in the end got that decision right, gave a free kick and a yellow card to Sammon.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Referee utter derby fan. Bryson on Ulloa - rugby or football? the ref called them over for their contact in first half then immediately watched them as corner again. For umpteenth time Ulloa held in bear hug with defenders arms over his shoulders so he cannot move off of ground. Ref blows - free kick to derby. Yes there is always defenders holding and they get away with it but this was taking the piss. I carried on just watching Bryson on Ulloa whenever we had corner or free kick. He never even looked in direction of ball coming in just looked at ulloa as if he can pin him to the ground it doesnt matter where ball goes. this isnt football. he was just trying to impede Ulloa from moment whistle went. Before KO I heard guy near me say this ref would let a lot go. It appears McLaren still does a good job on checking his little black book of refs as he got this one to a tee.

As for various pens we should have had just seeing sky now... Still we'll win at derby - Leicester - forest - derby - the East Midlands treble

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The most annoying thing for me was the ref's insistence on pulling back the play for a free kick on the many many occasions when advantage was available for both teams.
Sorry Rog but we're not here to see you, and you smacked of 'look at me, I've got a big game' tonight

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Haven't read the thread, and haven't seen any replays, but from my vantage point in the North I thought the officials got most things right. No complaints from me.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Haven't read the thread, and haven't seen any replays, but from my vantage point in the North I thought the officials got most things right. No complaints from me.

Then take a look at the replays.

Refs have the advantage of being on the pitch, one would hope they use it.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The linesman in front of the Family Section in the second half was dire. The time Connor Sammon assaulted Solly March not once but about three times, he still didn't flag even though it was about two yards in front of him. The ref gave it from 30 yards away. And he wasn't that great himself. The only way Ulloa would have got a free-kick last night is if he had been decapitated, and even then the official might have played the advantage.

briref

Aug 12, 2008
Very poor I thought the ref, gave Ulloa nothing all night, bad decisions that we wouldn't get as the away team.

i am not surprised!
are you

look at his position and movement when the ball is played to him!
don't base your decision just on when he receives or attempts to receive it

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
For the first time this season, Oscar criticised the referee, which tells you a lot about how poor he was.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Very poor I thought the ref, gave Ulloa nothing all night, bad decisions that we wouldn't get as the away team.

His shirt was pulled, he was manhandled all the time and they had obviously been told to target him as the danger man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here