Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toby Agdestein strangeness.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Tarentino eat your heart out you've been waiting for a Brit soccerball classic - plenty of Fat boy Slim backing music and you've got an award
It's all so easy really. Just show shots of Peter Ward goals, do superimposed head shots of Toby and you have a blockbuster.
My name's OSCAR.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I love Toby.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Assume it's a case of he's signed for them cheap and if he plays (read appears) in a certain number / % of games, the club can extend him a year still at the very cheap price.

Ravids

Jun 19, 2013
Fishersgate Maritime Village
Came on in the 75th in ICT's 4-0 defeat against St J and came on in the 91st minute in their "bizarre" 1-2 home defeat to Partick Thistle.

Does seem odd, feel sorry for the guy, he's better off at a L2 club.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Coincides with Loch Ness Monster appearances. Brief.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Came on in the 75th in ICT's 4-0 defeat against St J and came on in the 91st minute in their "bizarre" 1-2 home defeat to Partick Thistle.

Does seem odd, feel sorry for the guy, he's better off at a L2 club.
Why 'bizarre' ?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Could be another angle.
I've seen managers make a substitution very late on to allow the player coming off to get a great send off / appreciation from the crowd, usually when they've played a blinder. Check the stats to see who Toby was replacing, maybe it's down to this?

Ravids

Jun 19, 2013
Fishersgate Maritime Village
Could be another angle.
I've seen managers make a substitution very late on to allow the player coming off to get a great send off / appreciation from the crowd, usually when they've played a blinder. Check the stats to see who Toby was replacing, maybe it's down to this?

No in every single game, surely.

The lost 4-0 against St Johnstone, doubt any ICT players were being brought off for a standing ovation.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Maybe he was loaned out on the basis that he would be used.. otherwise what's the point? So it's a way of emphasising that he is in and around the first team squad.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Could it be as simple as the fact that he is still very young (21?), they see him as a bit of a development prospect, and want to get him used to first team football as regularly as possible, even if just for a a few mins? Whatever people say about the SPL he's never really had any considerable experience at that kind of level.

I know it's random they've done this EVERY game, but I'd be more inclined to believe the coincidence line than some of the financial conspiracy theories.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Could it be as simple as the fact that he is still very young (21?), they see him as a bit of a development prospect, and want to get him used to first team football as regularly as possible, even if just for a a few mins? Whatever people say about the SPL he's never really had any considerable experience at that kind of level.

I know it's random they've done this EVERY game, but I'd be more inclined to believe the coincidence line than some of the financial conspiracy theories.

Then I reckon you're wrong!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
He's on the bench again tonight. Is it possible to bet on what time a player will come on!?!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here