Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To the NSC female lurkers and occassional posters...

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
How do you know they don't. Unless they post with a username that is obvious or at some point say they are female. :wave:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
How do you know which posters are male/female?

If you're on here a lot you can pretty much tell after a while, plenty of give-aways. But like I said, it's a guestimate, no hard facts to back up my hunch. Even if I'm wrong as to the extent it is still a relevant question that I'm interested in.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
there are netball sites?

There probably are to be fair but my point is women just aren't as in to football as men are. And I suspect a lot that say they are are just saying so because of men in their lives. How many women honestly sit with just the company of other women and discuss footy beyond some poncy footballer's legs? Quite.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
There probably are to be fair but my point is women just aren't as in to football as men are. And I suspect a lot that say they are are just saying so because of men in their lives. How many women honestly sit with just the company of other women and discuss footy beyond some poncy footballer's legs? Quite.

Patronising and misogynistic, good work.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That covers a multitude of sins but my guess would be it's more the aggression and sniping tone

Well that too, but this place goes into complete perv mode when a newbie arrives who tells us she is a female.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It's a reflection of the amount of women who actually like football, and in turn out of those who do like football there will be a % who have the time or feel the need to come on here and express their views about it.

Mabye some do feel put off by a male dominated environment but that is life, if I was a single dad I think I might be put off of registering on mumsnet.

I'm sure some would love to believe it's a result of sexism and misogyny, but it really isn't.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I remember when the last one got chased out of town lol! Xxxxxx

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here