Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To the NSC female lurkers and occassional posters...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think women just like talking about different things. Plus on here everyone has their fair say, women don't like that much.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I would guess that the percentage who visit but don't post, is about the same for men and women. With well over 1000 visitors, most of the time, there are a LOT of lurkers on NSC

Would you say the percentage is representative of female supporters in general though? I wonder whether, apart from the 'boys club' feel sometimes, it may just be that message boards are more of a man thing.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Would you say the percentage is representative of female supporters in general though? I wonder whether, apart from the 'boys club' feel sometimes, it may just be that message boards are more of a man thing.

There are millions of female orientated message boards, literally millions. Women just don't like football as much as men. There is no more to it than that.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Maybe women have a greater craving for friends in REAL LIFE, and spend a little less time desperate for acceptance on websites of competitive flatulent blather?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
So you think the reason most don't post is due to an extreme dislike of men?

No I think a percentage of women really like and understand the game thoroughly, but are not interested in the tribalism, rivalry, side issues trivia and small detail of the game and therefore won't post for fear of ridicule and hostility.

I should add that I do know that some women know, understand and love the game as much as most men but the percentage is very low because of the detail above. Generally Men think differently and are hard wired differently to women (thankfully)

I'm sure advertising companies would love more women to be interested as they are generally much easier to sell to or to convince to buy.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
No I think a percentage of women really like and understand the game thoroughly, but are not interested in the tribalism, rivalry, side issues trivia and small detail of the game and therefore won't post for fear of ridicule and hostility.

I should add that I do know that some women know, understand and love the game as much as most men but the percentage is very low because of the detail above. Generally Men think differently and are hard wired differently to women (thankfully)

I'm sure advertising companies would love more women to be interested as they are generally much easier to sell to or to convince to buy.

Best sensible answer yet I think.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It is like a piranha fedding frenzy when any female poster declares herself on here. Back in the day when I posted as Dick Knights Mum and suggested I was female - Man of Harveys was all over me.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
We only post when we have something interesting or important to say............

Well that speaks volumes !!!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Worth pointing out that two of the best posters on NSC are female ...

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Well that too, but this place goes into complete perv mode when a newbie arrives who tells us she is a female.
Very this - all the desperate acne and dandruff raddled losers start trying to peer down their tops :p:drool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here