Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To the NSC female lurkers and occassional posters...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And also as someone said far too easy to make assumptions about gender (and other aspects of our doings). Best not to delve too deeply. This is a footy site, not a ****ing lonely hearts club, or someone's sociology coursework exercise. Give me strength.

:)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
... so when you meet a girl who DOES genuinely like football and is well spoken and well versed on it (her club, anyway), don't just her go.

:down: :tantrum:

Damn her. And her team. And their poxy roundabout.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I'm female. I love football. This is very much a mens forum though. Men are in the majority, and male orientated chat is in the majority. I wouldn't get away with making a thread about Upsons legs in the same way men can get away with making a thread about Rachel from Countdown's tits.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
We only post when we have something interesting or important to say. :)

That's not true. I have seen more than one post from you. :)

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
or someone's sociology coursework exercise.

......so, in conclusion, I would argue that there are now proportionately fewer regular female posters on Brighton & Hove Albion message board 'North Stand Chat' than there were during the mid naughties, but no-one seems sure why, including me. Please can I have an A Star.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My wife understands football. She was a season ticket holder at Southampton from the age of 10, until I CURED her of that when I met her at 19. She understands formations, and systems of play, and the offside rule (as much as any of us do, these days). She would have absolutely NO interest in a forum like this though - she just wouldn't CARE about the minutae of the game in the same way.

(Apart from threads about which players were seen in which supermarket, who was photographed on the beach with their top off, and most importantly, clues to where ANDREA ORLANDI lives..)

I'm probably not helping.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here