To the Gobsh*te woman slagging off the early leavers

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

May 9, 2008
Stanmore, London
It's **** all to do with dick measuring and everything to do with a) getting in the way, b) disrespecting the team and c) ruining the atmosphere. How many times does this have to be explained. And before I get moaned at, I'm sure there are some people who do need to leave early; but I personally am terrified of even missing a second.

Spot on!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I always used to leave on 85, stayed till the final whistle yesterday as the game was still in the balance, rushed off as soon as the whistle went and had no problems getting on the train and comfortably made the 17:20 from Lewes to Haywards heath, will stay until the final whistle all the time now.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I'm just glad I'm in the middle of a block so I don't have to move every time someone decides they want to get home and onto NSC before everyone else does.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It's **** all to do with dick measuring and everything to do with a) getting in the way, b) disrespecting the team and c) ruining the atmosphere. How many times does this have to be explained. And before I get moaned at, I'm sure there are some people who do need to leave early; but I personally am terrified of even missing a second.

This. I just laugh when people miss the best thingnin football, last minute winners or equalisers.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Two hours travel back to Surrey after a game. I'm not making that a three hour wait / journey for the sake of 7 minutes extra football. Each to their own. If I lived in Brighton I wouldn't care and I'd stay until the end. Unfortunately transport issues mean I leave early when I go.

I've got about 1.5 hrs drive back once I get back to Mill Road P&R. Usually leave on or about 90mins to avoid the end of match rush. Just before Christmas I stayed to the end, and then hoofed it fairly quickly at the final whistle. It made nearly an hour's difference to the time I got home. And it was Bl**dy cold in the long queue for the bus after the first round of buses had left.

So if I want to leave shortly before the final whistle, I will, and I couldn't care less whether anyone else takes exception to it.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I always used to leave on 85, stayed till the final whistle yesterday as the game was still in the balance, rushed off as soon as the whistle went and had no problems getting on the train and comfortably made the 17:20 from Lewes to Haywards heath, will stay until the final whistle all the time now.

This is the thing, a lot of the early leavers probably don't realise how much better the transport at the Amex is these days, and are leaving early unnecessarily. I left on the final whistle yesterday and comfortably made the 17.05 from Falmer to Brighton.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This is the thing, a lot of the early leavers probably don't realise how much better the transport at the Amex is these days, and are leaving early unnecessarily. I left on the final whistle yesterday and comfortably made the 17.05 from Falmer to Brighton.

We were just shy of that and made our usual 17:16

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Point is that it is everybody's choice. Nobody is forced to leave early and no one is forced is forced to stay to the end. Get over it.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
We caught the delayed 6.02 Falmer to Lewes, and both platforms were empty, no queues.
Talking to the platform supervisor, and he reckons that now they have the longer trains going both ways now, they are clearing a lot more passengers very quickly, resulting in hardly any queues.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Pay your ticket then go when you like IMO it's not a job being a fan. Imagine giving someone the large for leaving their seats early in the cinema

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
There seems to be a growing trend for people coming back from the match and venting anger on here, effing and jeffing aboutthings they didn't have the stones to deal with at the time. What's the matter? Do your wives not blow you anymore?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Leave on FT and we usually get the 5.15 out of Falmer. That's fine. In the Welly in Shoreham for 6. That's even finer .

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The trains yesterday seemed quicker and more efficient than they have been recently. We were back in the centre of Brighton by 5.30- perfect. As for people leaving early- who cares?

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Pay your ticket then go when you like IMO it's not a job being a fan. Imagine giving someone the large for leaving their seats early in the cinema

Imagine thousands of people singing and supporting the actor during the cinema.... It's not the same as football.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We caught the delayed 6.02 Falmer to Lewes, and both platforms were empty, no queues.
Talking to the platform supervisor, and he reckons that now they have the longer trains going both ways now, they are clearing a lot more passengers very quickly, resulting in hardly any queues.

The platforms were extended last year, so most trains to & from the match are 8 carriages long.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
As far as I'm aware there are no rules as to when people arrive or leave.
However, I'm certain that if we all arrived and departed at the same time then the transport set-up would fail.
So I'm happy that a number decide to choose.
For the record I always like to be early and never leave before the conclusion of the game.
That said, I also think that people have the right to make comments and that people also have the right to disagree about those comments.
That's life, best to move on, forgive and forget.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
The platforms were extended last year, so most trains to & from the match are 8 carriages long.

Thats what I said. Recently the queues have gone because of the 8 car trains.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports