Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To my horror a Palace flag

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I have a Brighton flag in my back garden in Reading, it is attached to my shed. You can not see it from the street but I am sure my neighbours can see it from their window. As there is no real rivalry between Reading and Brighton and my neighbour knowing I am genuine brighton nut, knows I have not put it there to p1ss anyone off.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A couple of roads away in leafy England there's a nearby house with a flag pole in garden and another fixed to the house. Both flying Welsh flags all year round. and given the size of the property isn't that big, it just looks really disproportionate as well as odd. I don't get why people fly a foreign flag all year round in their neighbourhood? It screams look at me, I've got a right chip on my shoulder!! I once went to a friends wedding and his new Welsh father in law seemed to reference, somehow, everything to Wales and welshness. I get being proud of where you come from, we all are. But you can look an arse constantly banging on about it. The English equivalents are people from Yorkshire. Christ they do let you know early on in a conversation!

Anyway, back to the subject matter. Of course, it is your duty to remove the offending palace rag. It's a slippery slope to the black flag of Isis.

British people do the same abroad. I remember when I was in Malta, in particular in Gozo, I saw a number of British flags flying above houses. I don't see it as an issue, although I may draw the line at Crystal Palace flags.

D

Deleted User X18H

I would ask why these people don't move back to Croydon, but erm.....

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
British people do the same abroad. I remember when I was in Malta, in particular in Gozo, I saw a number of British flags flying above houses. I don't see it as an issue, although I may draw the line at Crystal Palace flags.

Doesn't make it right. The island is a bit split between Italy or Us though, especially when football is on.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I was driving back to my house and a few houses up from me someone has a sodding Palace flag. I'm talking about a proper flag on a proper pole. I'm not making this up either, they seem to raise it when Brighton are playing. It's bringing the area down, it also looks tacky. How can I get this flag removed legally?

It's not the first time either, a few months back I saw someone walking along the road in a Palace shirt.

This is Sussex and we are Brighton & Hove Albion, not bloody South London

The key question is where is this? Not the exact address but roughly?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Whoever it belongs to well done , fly it with pride !

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
You have to wonder what sort of Mong feels it is neighbourly to erect a flagpole in his, presumably, Sussex garden in order to fly a Palace flag on Brighton match days. The fellow who lives there is clearly a total bell and as such should expect some sort of community justice. The flag must surely suffer a mishap at the very least. It would certainly grind my gears if someone decided to goad my neighbourhood in this fashion.

It's obviously a feeble attempt on your neighbours part to attract conflict.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Pretty sure you could legally get it removed if enough people thought it was likely to cause a disturbance, thus leading to a breach of the peace.
That or lasso it to a transit and remove it quickly and efficiently.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I have a Brighton flag in my back garden in Reading, it is attached to my shed. You can not see it from the street but I am sure my neighbours can see it from their window. As there is no real rivalry between Reading and Brighton and my neighbour knowing I am genuine brighton nut, knows I have not put it there to p1ss anyone off.

Cool story, bro.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
You're not wrong about Yorkshire. I was working on a house when the neighbour started talking to me. Northerner. Took him to his second sentence to tell Me he was Yorkshire born and proud........As I walked away ' yeah but you're living in deepest Sussex now mate. He was speechless.......I bet that was a first too.

You can always tell a Yorkshireman, you just can't tell him very much.

SAC

May 21, 2014
On a side issue...I was walking down the pier a couple of years back when I saw a young man with his little "firm"swaggering along in a Palace shirt. As he drew adjacent with Victorias a bare torsoed youth came sprinting past, decked the Palace chap with an elbow to the nose then continued on his merry way.

I would expect the same if I was to go parading along Croydon high road in an Albion shirt I suppose. Highly stupid thing to do.

Yesterday I saw a bloke wearing a Scotch football shirt. At first I thought fair play to him supporting an unfashionable side but then I remembered your post so I elbowed him in the face and ran away.

Proper hard I am.

Openmyeyes

Nov 7, 2012
I live in Oxted which is full of Palace. I have a Brighton flag hanging in the window of the shed. From the right angle the shed can be seen from the street. I don't care what the Palace fans think. Do I win £10?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here