Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To my horror a Palace flag

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 22389

The Spurs one flying between Newhaven and Seaford needs burning down. Respect to the Patcham resident who has a BHA one on the flagpole in his front garden and also the caretaker at Downs Junior School, who often runs a BHA flag up the school pole during half terms/weekends.

That bloody thing, I think the same thing as you on it. Hopefully it gets blown off in the Gales.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
A couple of roads away in leafy England there's a nearby house with a flag pole in garden and another fixed to the house. Both flying Welsh flags all year round. and given the size of the property isn't that big, it just looks really disproportionate as well as odd. I don't get why people fly a foreign flag all year round in their neighbourhood? It screams look at me, I've got a right chip on my shoulder!! I once went to a friends wedding and his new Welsh father in law seemed to reference, somehow, everything to Wales and welshness. I get being proud of where you come from, we all are. But you can look an arse constantly banging on about it. The English equivalents are people from Yorkshire. Christ they do let you know early on in a conversation!

Anyway, back to the subject matter. Of course, it is your duty to remove the offending palace rag. It's a slippery slope to the black flag of Isis.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A couple of roads away in leafy England there's a nearby house with a flag pole in garden and another fixed to the house. Both flying Welsh flags all year round. and given the size of the property isn't that big, it just looks really disproportionate as well as odd. I don't get why people fly a foreign flag all year round in their neighbourhood? It screams look at me, I've got a right chip on my shoulder!! I once went to a friends wedding and his new Welsh father in law seemed to reference, somehow, everything to Wales and welshness. I get being proud of where you come from, we all are. But you can look an arse constantly banging on about it. The English equivalents are people from Yorkshire. Christ they do let you know early on in a conversation!

Anyway, back to the subject matter. Of course, it is your duty to remove the offending palace rag. It's a slippery slope to the black flag of Isis.
Welsh people are very proud of being Welsh, usually this is fine but there is one exception..........

Wales V England at rugby.

They are poor losers, but absolutely terrible winners.

[MENTION=3649]hitony[/MENTION] will testify to this!

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I was driving back to my house and a few houses up from me someone has a sodding Palace flag. I'm talking about a proper flag on a proper pole. I'm not making this up either, they seem to raise it when Brighton are playing. It's bringing the area down, it also looks tacky. How can I get this flag removed legally?

It's not the first time either, a few months back I saw someone walking along the road in a Palace shirt.

This is Sussex and we are Brighton & Hove Albion, not bloody South London

Every Brighton fan expects you to do your duty.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think there is a clue in the name, about what should be done.
Crystal Palace, the proverb is People in glass houses, shouldnt throw stones.
It doesn't say anything about people who DON'T live in glass houses, therefore feel free to brick his windows, and O.B. won't do anything about it.

I think

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

You're not wrong about Yorkshire. I was working on a house when the neighbour started talking to me. Northerner. Took him to his second sentence to tell Me he was Yorkshire born and proud........As I walked away ' yeah but you're living in deepest Sussex now mate. He was speechless.......I bet that was a first too.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You're not wrong about Yorkshire. I was working on a house when the neighbour started talking to me. Northerner. Took him to his second sentence to tell Me he was Yorkshire born and proud........As I walked away ' yeah but you're living in deepest Sussex now mate. He was speechless.......I bet that was a first too.

Nowt wrong with being yorkshire born and bred and being proud of it....you mob are always banging on about being proud to come from sussex. Nowt wrong with that at all.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I was driving back to my house and a few houses up from me someone has a sodding Palace flag. I'm talking about a proper flag on a proper pole. I'm not making this up either, they seem to raise it when Brighton are playing. It's bringing the area down, it also looks tacky. How can I get this flag removed legally?

It's not the first time either, a few months back I saw someone walking along the road in a Palace shirt.

This is Sussex and we are Brighton & Hove Albion, not bloody South London
Call the council and get the pikey removed.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Welsh people are very proud of being Welsh, usually this is fine but there is one exception..........

Wales V England at rugby.

They are poor losers, but absolutely terrible winners.

@hitony will testify to this!

Absobloodylutly!! spot on.............and what does my head in more than anything, is they get a right ragging 36...10 (or worse!) and all you get is.....yeah we lost but what a great performance!! ..........NO!! it was not a great performance.......you got stuffed!!

And when they win.............I hate it!! arrogant is not the word!!

We (me and the wife) do walk around wearing our England shirts with pride, and why not!!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The Spurs one flying between Newhaven and Seaford needs burning down. Respect to the Patcham resident who has a BHA one on the flagpole in his front garden and also the caretaker at Downs Junior School, who often runs a BHA flag up the school pole during half terms/weekends.

I don't think that Spurs flag will last long up there, the wind will ruin that soon. I'm not surprised there is a Spurs fan living in that part of Bishopstone, I work up there sometimes and I haven't worked in one house owned by a Sussex person.

The Spurs flag probably winds up the plastic Arsenal fans that live in Seaford.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Well played :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here