Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To Avoid Potter Bashing - the staying up tracker - season 2019-2020 Game 38 UPDATE

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Cheers Giraffe,

Because you usually do such a good job I'll let you off your tardiness this time

You're very kind. I shall stop chastising myself for now then. Although I fear [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] may get his dog to poo on my driveway or something (the NSC equivalent of a horse head in the bed)

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Are you able to put up your fine table showing the permutations relating to last season's equivalent games - that's really good.

Sure thing my man! As people have said, we are ahead of all measures in previous seasons except the following targets:
- BHAFC 18/19 by match week
- Leicester 15/16
- Europe 'target'

Note that for opponents played, I substitute teams based on geographical proximity, because why the hell not eh!

Steffi Graph.png
Jim Carrey - Table Guy.png

Attachments

• Jim Carrey - Table Guy.png
    Jim Carrey - Table Guy.png
    160.3 KB · Views: 668

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It's ridiculous when I think back about games such as West Ham, Southampton & Burnley plus Aston Villa. We could easily be very comfortable

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Sure thing my man! As people have said, we are ahead of all measures in previous seasons except the following targets:
- Leicester 15/16
- Europe 'target'

Note that for opponents played, I substitute teams based on geographical proximity, because why the hell not eh!

View attachment 117928
View attachment 117930

That is one top effort, well done sir

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Better late than never! 4 points over after another above par performance. Can we make it 3 in a row by beating Palace on Monday night?

Attachments

• NSC Fixtures 16.png
    NSC Fixtures 16.png
    69.9 KB · Views: 561
  • NSC Graph 16.png
    NSC Graph 16.png
    114.9 KB · Views: 557

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
- Leicester 15/16
- Europe 'target'

View attachment 117928
View attachment 117930

I particularly like the fact this file is called 'Steffi Graph'.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Still four points ahead of the tracker, important we cement that on Saturday which opens up more of a free hit over the Xmas/Jan period.

I’m not one for looking back on what might have been but my goodness we have left some points on the table this season. Even if I am being conservative I think we could be at least 8 points better off. It’s hard not to think what could have been, we would be the story of the season and genuinely in the hunt for Europe.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Still four points ahead of the tracker, important we cement that on Saturday which opens up more of a free hit over the Xmas/Jan period.

I’m not one for looking back on what might have been but my goodness we have left some points on the table this season. Even if I am being conservative I think we could be at least 8 points better off. It’s hard not to think what could have been, we would be the story of the season and genuinely in the hunt for Europe.

It's always nice to have room for improvement. Once we reach the halfway point I would expect us to more than double that tally over the 2nd half of the season, as we can only get better at making our style equate to points.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Well we have fallen away since the last update, now just one point ahead of the tracker and Europe a distant dream.

It's fair to say Bournemouth is a massive game. Our season is really all about the 9 games to the end of February now where we have 15 "expected" points. Get those or more and we will be nearly there, before another tough looking run of games in March and April. Fall short and we are in the brown stuff.

Attachments

• NSC Graph 19.png
    NSC Graph 19.png
    108.2 KB · Views: 446
  • NSC Fixtures 19.png
    NSC Fixtures 19.png
    52.9 KB · Views: 448

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I said a while ago, "Palace to Palace" decided our season. So far were one point from 4 expected and a decent haul still expected according to the staying up model. Time for the players to be bold and WSL to actually make some noise. Cya tomorrow.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well we have fallen away since the last update, now just one point ahead of the tracker and Europe a distant dream.

It's fair to say Bournemouth is a massive game. Our season is really all about the 9 games to the end of February now where we have 15 "expected" points. Get those or more and we will be nearly there, before another tough looking run of games in March and April. Fall short and we are in the brown stuff.

Could reword for the nervous as something like..........

'Although disappointed to get nothing yesterday despite matching the Champions League runners up for most of the game, we're still ahead of the tracker despite having a new manager having to coach a completely new style of play into the squad. Several winnable games coming up, meaning we should be able to comfortably beat last season's second half total of 14 points from 19 games (GD -19)'

:whistle:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I said a while ago, "Palace to Palace" decided our season. So far were one point from 4 expected and a decent haul still expected according to the staying up model. Time for the players to be bold and WSL to actually make some noise. Cya tomorrow.

Good shout on the “Palace to Palace”. I wished I’d use it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here