Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To all those who left early

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I will admit, I left early. I missed the the goal. I heard the news of the Buckley goal on the bus. Everyone who has spent their hard earned cash on the game deserves to leave whenever they like. That is all.

simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
if people pay their money for a ticket, thay can leave when they want you time nazi

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Have to admit I was close to going, but when the 3 minutes injury time went up, I thought something would happen (at either end).
There is no better feeling than when you win in injury time. Me and junior 16BHA went berserk!.........and still back home by 6.10.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I left a very disappointing game at 87 mins which resulted in me arriving home over 30 mins earlier than normal, I will see the undeserved goal goal later this evening,no problem

how can you say that ???

You left the game with little or no satisfaction when you could have been going home with a big grin :D on your face but instead you saved 30 mins of time.

Well done you

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Most of the who left early would have left feeling disappointed about the performance but those who waited an extra 5/10 minutes left feeling absolutely over the moon.. Well worth getting home a little bit later...

I can understand leaving if you have certain commitments but leaving early to get on NSC half hour earlier than everyone else????

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I would have been right cheesed off to have left that game at 0-0 but, I've paid for 90+mins and that's what I stay for and it turned a pretty dissapointing mae into one which has made my weekend!

Then a pint or two after, no queues and home happy and only slightly later. Plus added bonus of more time away from Mrs. What's not to like?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We've never left early, UNTIL THIS SEASON when we leave about 1/2 way through added time, just because of the nightmare of the park n ride masses.
But we did stay for the Buckley late show against Doncaster.

For some reason, we stayed to the bitter end today & saw the glorious winner. So chuffed. TV highlights can never make up for that moment in the stadium. :)

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
how can you say that ???

You left the game with little or no satisfaction when you could have been going home with a big grin :D on your face but instead you saved 30 mins of time.

Well done you

Sour grapes. Probably feeling smug about getting home a bit earlier until he found out he missed the goal...

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
NEVER EVER LEAVE AN ALBION GAME EARLY!

I think I said that early in the season, and last season, and the season before that!

Any statto's got any figures on 87 minute + goals in Albion matches in the last few seasons? At least we're now scoring them rather than conceding them!

I did manage to miss the first 30 minutes of the game, as I missed my train :facepalm:
But apparently I didn't miss much, so that was a result :cool:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My son needed to go for a crap about 5 minutes from the end, we got back to our seats and within about 10 seconds, Buckley scored the goal. That was fantastic timing

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I don't buy the 'I paid my money' bullshit. If it's a night game I can KIND OF understand the argument, kids to get to bed, work/school in the morning, transport issues etc etc. But leaving the game on a Saturday 3pm kick-off, before the end, with the score at 0-0, people can try to justify it and claim they don't mind all they want, I still think it beggars belief. You get home what, half an hour earlier? I stayed after the game for a couple of pints until the staff closed all the shutters and kicked everyone out, and we got back to Worthing by half 6. Walked onto a train at Falmer, walked onto another at Brighton. Is it REALLY worth the extra half an hour, to miss a goal like that? Or the end of the Donny game? Is it really?

Oh, and during the first half we looked down from WSU and could see there was a fella in the North concourse trying to persuade the staff to serve him a pint with 26 minutes on the clock. WHY IS HE AT THE FOOTBALL?? 26 minutes!! If you need a drink that much just go to the fecking pub on a Saturday, why come to a match, take up a seat that another fan could be using who actually wants to watch and support the team, and then abandon said seat to go and argue over whether you have to wait 9 more minutes for a pint? Bizarre.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Just watched football league show and even the summariser had a pop at the JLE's on national tv. Not a good thing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You really do have to be some kind of professional DICKHEAD to leave early on a Saturday.
I can *kind* of understand it on a midweek perhaps. And thats still a BIG perhaps. But on Saturday ? For fucks sake, what are you in such a crashing HURRY to get back half an hour earlier for, you f***ing TOOLS ?

WELL ?

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Of course if you leave early you can only miss something.let's be honest today's game was dire & if I didn't have to get a coach I might have left early also.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
You really do have to be some kind of professional DICKHEAD to leave early on a Saturday.
I can *kind* of understand it on a midweek perhaps. And thats still a BIG perhaps. But on Saturday ? For fucks sake, what are you in such a crashing HURRY to get back half an hour earlier for, you f***ing TOOLS ?

WELL ?

That's essentially exactly what I said, but you definitely put it better. :laugh:

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
Ha, so many people had left, went mental when Buckley scored!! It's karma, knowing thousands of people had left.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here