Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To all those who left early

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
If you leave early when the game is 0-0 and hanging in the balance just to get home 5 mins earlier then IMO you're an idiot. If you have legit reasons fair enough. I'd say about 2000 missed the goal, and I cant believe they all HAD to get home by 5.15.
I have to say what a winner and the roar from the fans is up there with the winners against Donny, 3-2 up vs Leeds and our opener against Palace. Immense noise!
Atmos was great again though.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Picture the scene...

You are at a diner party last night just sampling the fantastic Hors d'oeuvres loving prepared by your host

Guest A: So what did you do today?
You: I went to the soccer match.
Guest B (female): Were the stripes playing?
You: Yes
Guest A: How was the game?
You: Oh yes very good.
Guest A: Don't you have a new stadium?
You: Yes, it's amazing, the pies are great, almost as good as these vol au vents (charm).
Guest B: Did you win?
You: Er, yes it was a great afternoon.
Guest A: Who scored?
You: Err, um could you pass the Chardonnay please?

The main thing is that you can tell your friends that you went to the football, thus providing a useful talking point.

Absolutely, Spot, On.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I have NEVER left a game before the final whistle and won't start now. There is absolutely no excuse for half the crowd walking out. You won't get home much earlier and it shows total disrespect to the team. If I were a player and saw that everybody had walked out I think I woud feel like doing the same. It makes wat CMS does at the end of match all the more pleasing (but you early leavers won't know what I am talking about).
Couldn't agree more, it's bloody embarrassing. CMS more of a legend every week

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
The main problem I have with people leaving early is not the fact that they want to go but the fact that I miss the last 5-10 minutes because there's a seemingly constant stream of people standing up and walking in front of me blocking my view.

What they then do is get to the steps and stand and watch for a bit. If you're going GO, don't stand there blocking everyone else's view.

I mentioned in another thread that I was talking to someone at Eastbourne station and he said that he has to leave early yet I was still at Eastbourne before him yet I didn't leave early.
agreed - if you're gonna go, go quickly and don't come back - you've given up on your team

ada4bha

Jan 27, 2010
Never understood the leaving early thing ... Wouldn't do it at the cinema or the theatre ... each to their own though ... just don't block my view as you leave, i might just trip you up

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
With the numbers leaving early, doubt they all get on the first train anyways. To be sure of getting on that one, they're going to have to leave even earlier. Its like all the wallies booking priority boarding on easyjet. Usually makes up about half the flight nowadays.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I dont leave early because i get a supporters coach home so no need. People around me do leave early though for various genuine reasons, i have no problem with this at all. Why dont you moaning pricks shut up and mind your own business, all this "im a better fan than you bla bla bla" get a life you sad fucks. The transport system is shit for some people, some us have families we want to get home to, so if you leave early its up to you, you paid for your ticket you do what you want.

Its not really the point that though its the inconvienence for other supporters who want to stay.

It doesnt really effect me as I'm usually standing anyway but for those sitting to have to move out the way for those who want to leave they could miss out on seeing a goal because they cannot see while the who have to leave, leave.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Its not really the point that though its the inconvienence for other supporters who want to stay.

It doesnt really effect me as I'm usually standing anyway but for those sitting to have to move out the way for those who want to leave they could miss out on seeing a goal because they cannot see while the who have to leave, leave.

Too right!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

These people leave BEFORE the crucial goals - I thought we established that?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not contributed to this but if you are one of the early leavers then minus a few exceptions then you yes you are a total fuckwit who needs to show more loyalty. You are no doubt the sort that has to run for plane boarding, push and shove to get on a train to get the best seat and que for hours before the Jan sales open.

Chill the f k out and support the team will you.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Not contributed to this but if you are one of the early leavers then minus a few exceptions then you yes you are a total fuckwit who needs to show more loyalty. You are no doubt the sort that has to run for plane boarding, push and shove to get on a train to get the best seat and que for hours before the Jan sales open.

Chill the f k out and support the team will you.
nice rant but can't disagree :laugh:

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
On sat I left Shoreham Beach at 20 past 2 drove to Coldean Lane arrived at 33 mins past Jogged to the stadium arrived at 10 mins to 3.

I left at the final whistle Jogged to my car and was back in Mile Oak at 5.33.

I usually catch the train but because I had to leave late took the car might try it again good exercise jogging to the stadium.

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011
Can't really understand why people who leave early, but I'm a live and let live kinda guy so how about stopping play at 85 mins for a couple of minutes so all those who aren't really bothered that much about the result can leave and then the rest of us can enjoy the remains of the match unhassled?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
How about slowing down the clocks on the big screens ever so slightly so that they take a full 90 minutes to tick up to 85 minutes :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here