Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
My contribution to the debate is that Potter values flexibility in players. This is because he changes formation within games and, while there are certain players who will play in precisely the same position and formation, there are others he will change their position/formation within a game.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Very encouraging how gutted Chelsea fans are Tino is leaving.

Their academy player of the year too. Really hoping we get this one over the line.

Thought Bates was supposed to be their best player non-first team shame we could not have got him as well but I guess we can't take them all.

Akker

Sep 9, 2020
Thought Bates was supposed to be their best player non-first team shame we could not have got him as well but I guess we can't take them all.

Livramento won their academy player of the year. Chelsea fans seem most gutted about as there's a genuine pathway for him behind Reece James.

Bates was the highest rated player in PL2 Div 1 last according to some of the scouting websites, some of the Chelsea coaches rated him above Gilmour. But with Gilmour, Gallagher etc, he decided to leave.

Both clearly two of the best u/18's in the country.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Does anyone have an Athletic sub who can confirm?

[tweet]1418590784761303040[/tweet]

There has been no new info in The Athletic in recent days/hours.

If you want the most accurate, in-the-know info you should be following [MENTION=37204]the[/MENTION]SecretScout_ on twitter or Instagram - I have no idea who they are but they certainly seem to have their finger on the pulse when it comes to the movements of young Chelsea talent (in particular), and young footballers in general.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Indeed, Monday's article states the opposite to what the tweet purports..

"He has attracted interest from Southampton and is being strongly targeted by Brighton, who have watched him for some time. While a deal is not said to be imminent, it is a strong possibility because, like the others, he wants to leave this summer."

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
There has been no new info in The Athletic in recent days/hours.

If you want the most accurate, in-the-know info you should be following [MENTION=37204]the[/MENTION]SecretScout_ on twitter or Instagram - I have no idea who they are but they certainly seem to have their finger on the pulse when it comes to the movements of young Chelsea talent (in particular), and young footballers in general.

I follow the Secret Scout on Twitter. If they state something as fact you can be sure it's true. They are a great follow. They must have inside info.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
This at the bottom of a Guardian article about Betinelli this morning

'Chelsea’s 18-year-old right-back Tino Livramento is expected to complete a move to Brighton soon.'

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
This is going to sound like a BG tribute but is actually a genuine question - can he play Left Back? I ask as I read somewhere he can, but can’t see it referenced anywhere. I suspect after the success of the right footed left back in the Italy team - Spinazolla? - there may be a vogue for inverted full backs.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
This is going to sound like a BG tribute but is actually a genuine question - can he play Left Back? I ask as I read somewhere he can, but can’t see it referenced anywhere. I suspect after the success of the right footed left back in the Italy team - Spinazolla? - there may be a vogue for inverted full backs.

Yes. In a couple of those youtube highlights he is playing left back.

But evidence, and [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION], suggest that Potter only likes his fullbacks/wingbacks to play on thier dominant side.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Yes. In a couple of those youtube highlights he is playing left back.

But evidence, and [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION], suggest that Potter only likes his fullbacks/wingbacks to play on thier dominant side.

Thanks. You’re right about Potter to date, but he’s also someone who will take on new ideas. Guardiola has been using Cancelo as a kind of RB/Central Midfielder hybrid, and Mancini using Spinazolla on the left was certainly effective. It wouldn’t surprise me if it’s something he tries at some point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here