Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tino Livramento

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
The Athletic report that Chelsea have a pretty hefty sell-on clause in addition to the by back option.

The buy back is £50m but with the sell-on clause it would net out around £35m for Chelsea to sign him. I think that rules them out.

Southampton are looking for a fee around that £50m mark so that after the sell-on, they would make around £25m-30m.

Newcastle aren't willing to spend that much and have offered £23m.

Seems like this is a complicated transfer and I can't see anyone paying anything near what Saints want.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Hopefully Colwill has the same feelings about his chances….

Surprised by this. Azpilicueta just left and Reece James injury record is horrendous. I’d have thought he might choose Chelsea, especially as Newcastle have Trippier who pretty much guarantees a 8/10 every week and is ever present

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yeah "fuming" I assume is just headline writers trying to make drama for clicks.

I doubt he's taking it personally.
I think the whole thing sounds like rubbish and can’t imagine Chelsea being in for him but who knows…

Also if it’s a buy back and they did it, the player doesn’t have a choice..!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They can't force him to sign a contract if he doesn't want to. That would be illegal.
Not sure how buy backs work but surely it would be breaking the contract if he didn’t go back? I guess that would become a legal matter with the clubs as you’re right you can’t force a player to move back thinking about it…

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I think the whole thing sounds like rubbish and can’t imagine Chelsea being in for him but who knows…

If the player agreed to the buy back clause to help facilitate the original move then they’d have to join.

However if it was only agreed between the two clubs of course the player has a choice. There is no way a player can be forced to join a club against their will even if said club have a buy back agreement. It goes against employment and human rights laws.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not sure how but backs work but surely it would be breaking the contract if he didn’t go back?
Not sure either - I think there are variations on a theme - but Chelsea have an agreement with Southampton, not with Livramento.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH

That's not how buy backs work. The agreement is between the clubs. The player can't be forced to sign a contract.

I learnt this the hard way playing FM 2012 where I knew I was going to lose my star player. So I quickly added another manager taking charge of a Bayern, had them buy the player for well over the odds with a buy back for much less. Waited a bit and tried to get my star back. He wanted no part of it. I tried again every transfer window. Not interested 😒

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
That's not how buy backs work. The agreement is between the clubs. The player can't be forced to sign a contract.

I learnt this the hard way playing FM 2012 where I knew I was going to lose my star player. So I quickly added another manager taking charge of a Bayern, had them buy the player for well over the odds with a buy back for much less. Waited a bit and tried to get my star back. He wanted no part of it. I tried again every transfer window. Not interested 😒
My favourite scam that actually worked in FM was this year.

Playing as Willem II I had Lorenzo Lucca and was rejecting bids of £20m for him but he had a £6.5m release clause for clubs in the Champions League which Ajax triggered. Since it was a release clause I had no say in the matter, so instead starting offering him out for free to everyone hoping he'd accept their contract offer over Ajax.

Ended up agreeing a deal with Palace so I delayed the transfer all the way up until transfer deadline day and then cancelled the transfer.

I keep my striker, Palace get f***ed over. Win win in my books.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not sure how buy backs work but surely it would be breaking the contract if he didn’t go back? I guess that would become a legal matter with the clubs as you’re right you can’t force a player to move back thinking about it…
"Buy back" just sets the price were he to agree to be bought back. He can decided to stay or he can agree to a transfer to a third club.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Looks like Newcastle deal is all but done for c£40m.

Chelsea will get a decent sized kick-back from a sell-on clause they had - a few more pennies into their Caicedo piggy bank.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Looks like Newcastle deal is all but done for c£40m.

Chelsea will get a decent sized kick-back from a sell-on clause they had - a few more pennies into their Caicedo piggy bank.
Don’t think I’d want him for that. Wish we’d got him for the £5m or whatever SCC paid. Still, as the saying goes with the Albion these days: ‘Win lots, lose some.’

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here