[Albion] Tino Livramento

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
How does a buy-back clause work?

Is it first refusal, when the buying club sell on, or can the selling club say, " we are going to buy him back now".

If the latter then it's a loan with benefits.
If the former, then less so.

Usually they can say "we are going to buy him back now". Quite often it is time limited (they have to buy him back within 2-3 years).

Of course, the player can refuse to move back. When Dortmund sold Alexander Isak to Real Sociedad they got a buy-back clause but Isak had no intention of moving back.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
How does a buy-back clause work?

Is it first refusal, when the buying club sell on, or can the selling club say, " we are going to buy him back now".

If the latter then it's a loan with benefits.
If the former, then less so.

Marc Cucurella was loaned to Eibar from Barcelona with a 2M euro buy option that came with a 4M euro buy back. Eibar bought him at the end of the loan, and Barca immediately bought him back and did a loan with buy option with Getafe for 6M euro, with a 40% sell on.

What it means is, if any club is interested in buying him at anything over the buy back value Chelsea have the option on, Chelsea can buy him back and sell him on immediately. It effectively limits his resale value to that which the buy back is for until the period of the buy back is over.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Wow !!!

Imagine how happy we’d be with £20m profit if we developed him in to a player worth £50+, can’t understand why Bloom is saying no.
Hmmm it doesnt quite work like that...

If he's gonna be a 50m player. Which is highly unlikely anyway. I suspect he will be worth that in a few years whether he signs for us or not. Again if he is worth that much as a non English RB he would be one of the best in the world so I suspect we wouldnt be complaining again as he would have been absolutely incredible for us.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

If he's gonna be a 50m player. Which is highly unlikely anyway. I suspect he will be worth that in a few years whether he signs for us or not. Again if he is worth that much as a non English RB he would be one of the best in the world so I suspect we wouldnt be complaining again as he would have been absolutely incredible for us.

Are you talking about Livramento? He is English, I believe.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thing is, I know Lamptey is injured, but we have Karbownik and Veltman too, I wouldn't blame this guy in thinking the pathway in this position is not exactly clear
Karbownik didn't look up to PL level against Luton, defensively at least, not by a long way. Good job we've got Veltman, and although it's not his preferred position, Alzate.

I guess we think karbo is up to the task
We?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Karbownik didn't look up to PL level against Luton, defensively at least, not by a long way. Good job we've got Veltman, and although it's not his preferred position, Alzate.

We?

It was only a pre season friendly.

Don't forget he made his full international debut aged 19.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The overwhelming consensus on NSC is that we'll play a back three/five. Now you're saying we'll play a back four. My hunch -- well, it's more than a hunch, it's based on two season's worth of evidence and [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION]'s input -- is that we'll play both. I also think you're reading too much into Karbownik, we don't know that.

I think you’re right but that we’ll play a back 4 a hell of a lot more than we did last season. Seems to me that Potter has been testing a 4-3-2-1 in pre-season and will do on Saturday too. The fact that we have about 15 central midfielders and one less top level centre back supports this idea.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I think you’re right but that we’ll play a back 4 a hell of a lot more than we did last season. Seems to me that Potter has been testing a 4-3-2-1 in pre-season and will do on Saturday too. The fact that we have about 15 central midfielders and one less top level centre back supports this idea.

He’s not had the players to play a 5 in pre season - but will have for Getafe - so expect a Switch to a 3 with Dunk/Webster playing. And looks like Ostigard has taken the opportunity to join the squad. Not sure he’s short of numbers ?

Yep he will switch to a 4 for tactical/sub reasons/injuries sometimes in games but rarely at outset. Isn’t a 3/5 is his preference. ?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

I was going to point out that Wan-Bissaka went for £50m after one good season, or ask how much you think Lamptey would have been worth if it he hadn’t got injured and had kept up his form over a season, or mention how White cost £50m after a season in the Prem despite being half a decade older.

But then you saved me the effort by not even knowing the nationality of the player the thread is about so it’s much easier to write you off as not having a clue. Cheers for being so efficient

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I haven't forgotten, and I realise it's only one match - but defensively he did not look good. IMHO, like.

I agree with you. He was taken to the cleaners twice on Saturday and we were lucky not to concede. Looks a decent player but needs to work on his defensive skills before risking him in a league match.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

Totally agree. Everything suggests he is wanting to move to a 4. Though we now know how flexible a Potter formation is.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He’s not had the players to play a 5 in pre season - but will have for Getafe - so expect a Switch to a 3 with Dunk/Webster playing. And looks like Ostigard has taken the opportunity to join the squad. Not sure he’s short of numbers ?

Yep he will switch to a 4 for tactical/sub reasons/injuries sometimes in games but rarely at outset. Isn’t a 3/5 is his preference. ?

Assuming one of those two will be playing of course. End of post ......................

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I haven't forgotten, and I realise it's only one match - but defensively he did not look good. IMHO, like.

He had an awful 10 minutes in the second half. I think and hope he is better than that though. Both Karbownik and Zeqiri look to have spent the summer in the gym in the same way that Trossard did last summer, both looked to have bulked out in a good way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports