Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to ask the question - Have you lost faith in the manager ?

Have you lost faith in Oscar ?

• Yes

Votes: 52 15.2%
  • No

Votes: 289 84.8%

• Total voters

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Boo to the poll, must remember to always read the question and not the title of the thread

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I voted 'Yes' because I don't put faith in any manager -- not that kind of faith.

I've seen a twenty-goal striker. Lots of them.
I've never seen a twenty-goal manager.
I've seen a keeper with 20 clean sheets in a season. (Čech)
I've never seen a twenty-clean-sheet manager.

The problem is always ultimately on the pitch.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Nothing has convinced me that Garcia is any good. Sorry but i want him out.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The time to start losing faith is when all the injured players are back available and we still don't perform on the pitch. The squad is lacking confidence with 7 or 8 out injured week in , week out.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This was Blooms punt. It seemed a very strange choice from the outset and was a hunch that things would be fine. As it is, things are far from fine.

Eddie Bee

Feb 3, 2009
Shoreham by Sea
Another BOO to the poll. Last season what would we have been without Bridcutt, Orlandi and Ulloa... oh And CMS. Until at least 2 of those are back and a fair run of games then we will all have a bit more of a clue!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Oops! Voted yes. Should pay more attention should of been no.

I misread it. I do have faith in the manager. The poll's not the same as the question in the thread title..

Thread title and poll question now the same.

I voted NO

Too late it's been spoiled.

If you want to do this properly get the mods to delete this thread and start another.

This thread is VOID :wrong:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Quite clever what Ernest did really. The true result is probably 80% still have faith.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I voted 'Yes' because I don't put faith in any manager -- not that kind of faith.

I've seen a twenty-goal striker. Lots of them.
I've never seen a twenty-goal manager.
I've seen a keeper with 20 clean sheets in a season. (Čech)
I've never seen a twenty-clean-sheet manager.

The problem is always ultimately on the pitch.

It's not a one-person game though. The goalie and striker are not the only players on the field. The manager always has an influence on what happens ON the pitch.

I still have complete faith on OG, it's early days yet. Consolidate mid-table while we're short on talent, then come the New Year we kick off from the blocks with added momentum.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
The goalie and striker are not the only players on the field.

The memorable, and gaudy, stats are from those two positions. The general point stands.

The difference between the 'best' and 'worst' performances from a manager I'd put at 4-6 games a season -- less than the spread from first to the bottom of the playoffs, often less than the spread from last place to safety. And that's best and worst.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The poll is corrupted so holds no validity anymore. Get rid

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I've lost faith in the club doctor.

Govinda Tim

Apr 13, 2012
Brighton
Its a transitional season, rather like Man Utd. Last season we would have p*ssed all over Yeovil, in the same way Man Utd would have seen off Southampton. Coupled with the injuries we've got I'm not surprised we are where we are. Ask the question again in January.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
His indifference is not what I'm used to from a football manager.

Perhaps his calm manner (whatever the circumstances) is also confusing for his players. Its fine whilst we're winning, but looks like he doesn't give a shit when we're bad-which is more often than not of late.

Get the injured players back in the team and then I'll judge him properly....but at the moment I'm unconvinced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here