Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to ask the question - Have you lost faith in the manager ?

Have you lost faith in Oscar ?

• Yes

Votes: 52 15.2%
  • No

Votes: 289 84.8%

• Total voters

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Perhaps it's because our football was an absolute joy to watch compared to (frankly) some of the dross that has been served up so far this season...?

Pains me to say it, but getting rid of Poyet could be one of the biggest mistakes our club has ever made. Whatever happened between him and Bloom and Barber, was it worth sacking the man when he obviously could have taken us to the 'promised land' they so desperately want us to get to?

I went to Blackpool away last year; we got absolutely battered - I still have no idea how we managed to come out of that with a draw.

I went to Sheffield Wednesday away; we were terrible, no possession, no attacking threat (and that was before Barnes was sent off)

I went to Forest away; we did well to get in front (twice) but each time we did, we did that odd defensive thing that we carried out last season, where we defended so deep that conceding a goal was inevitable - even after Poyet brought on Dunk to use three CBs...

Thankfully I did not go to Bristol City or Barnsley away (I went to Barnsley away on the last game of the previous season, I'm not sure I've seen a more dire game in my life).

We did play some sparkling football under Poyet, but we also had some really poor performances - and he had moulded that team to how he wanted it, and was allowed 3 years to do so. Perhaps we will see more sparkling football once Oscar has more time and control over the players.

Essentially, I don't think that the manager is the issue here, I think our players need to become more consistent. We've played some good stuff under Oscar too, in patches.

You're not alone by any means but anyone coming out and criticising Poyet generally invited a shedload of abuse. Now the same seems true for Oscar.

Not aiming this at you by any means, just that your post triggered my thinking; but it seems to me, on pretty well any matter, unless you have a polarised view then an objective discussion is pretty well impossible

I know, it is probably symptomatic of online discussion in fairness. But it is certainly putting me off trying to have a debate on this board..

People take things so personally online :shrug:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Fifty-three, with not even a quarter of the season gone.....

Read the thread again. The thread initially had the title 'do you still have faith in oscar' and the poll question was 'have you lost faith' tricking a lot of people (including me) into answering the title question, not the poll question.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Just shows the stupidity of certain people in life, 10 odd games gone and we had threads like this, Deary me.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
ARS out.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Read the thread again. The thread initially had the title 'do you still have faith in oscar' and the poll question was 'have you lost faith' tricking a lot of people (including me) into answering the title question, not the poll question.

Oh shit tricked me as well! Apologies

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Cannot understand how anybody could not want Oscar in charge...all these injuries have been no help at all yet out of the the last 12 points his team have pulled in 10 with only one recognised striker...we really do not need any players in Jan transfer market...with Ulloa,CMS,Buckley back it will be like a new team we will storm up this league....keep the faith

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
This poll should be deleted as our resident village idiot's Thread title had the opposite question to the Poll question until he changed it.

There is no way that 53 people would give OG a vote of no confidence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here