Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time of fear?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Agreed. But why not have both? In New Zealand this winter you could have gone to the rugby with your mates and had a beer as normal and still not risked the virus.

It's a very hard thing to test. It's the getting to and from the Amex whilst maintaining the social distancing which would be the difficulty with let's say even just 15,000 fans attending if the disease is as severe as we are being told.
I wish there was a way we could test thousands of people in close(ish) proximity without the threat of another outbreak. The only way I could see this is if whoever goes has to volunteer to self isolate afterwards and then be tested say a week or 2 later. I can't remember the stats but didn't that European match Liverpool play against Athletico Bilboa (I think) result in some sort of outbreak?

But I agree, I do believe we should be trying for both our freedoms and control of the disease at the same time.
It's gutting that when I was a kid watching the Albion infront of crowds of 2/3 thousands fans at home games in Gillingham, the dream of making it to the Prem and being where we are now almost felt ridiculous. Incredibly it has been achieved but now we're playing infront of even smaller crowds than then! It almost feels typical the Albion that.

I'm actually from Highbury so that win last season at home to Arsenal and the manner of it was deep down one of my biggest dreams had you seen the abuse I used to take for wearing my Albion shirt around that area whenever I used to pop up to see my mates and family.
Would've loved to have been there watching them cry for the 2nd time. It's Leeds who I can't wait to beat this season. Really hope we can be there as fans for that. What an atmosphere that could be? Finger crossed we come up with some sort of solution.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
People fuelled by hate are the most dangerous

Hatred pollutes the mind--William Shakespeare

Notice all the swear words and anger seeping through the pro Covid19 posts...

Definitely a lot of anger going on. It must be really hard to feel in your gut that something really isn’t right but just not to be able to come to terms that your tightly held illusions may be wrong.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That's a bit different. You said "pro covd19". You didn't mention lockdown. I thought by that you meant [MENTION=30583]RossyG[/MENTION] who wants the virus to spread uncontrolled, ergo supporting it. He's certainly shared a video with some pretty disgusting comments and language associated with it.

And he, a Christian? I haven't read the post with the video shared but I know your attention to detail isn't deficient so I'll buy it without checking. Other data would support my antipathy for said poster's current stance.

I have tried to be reasonable. I have tried to be kind. Mostly. When I'm not ****ing angry.

One regular poster on NSC has had to quit NSC due to the sublime indifference to his family situation.

I have made my position very clear. Yes, open up society. BUT protect the vulnerable. Properly. First.

Till then it is all about throwing people under the bus so the majority can enjoy life's bounty.

Not acceptable. Not Christian. Not now, not ever.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The virus is a very real killer, social distancing and lockdowns saved countless lives.

These Floridians followed the internet garbage from dangerous non-scientists and paid the ultimate price.

542CFA96-B18F-49D5-A16E-E16831329C13.png
94F58128-3D30-4788-A72B-CF2CED352F39.png
1CD69599-B5C3-432F-BF88-FC5091790318.png

Most people I would imagine hated the lockdown and wish that we could do everything the way we did, but a year or two’s restrictions will save millions of lives and leave humanity better prepared to deal with future pandemics. This has been a huge learning curve for every government and also scientists/public health experts.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
The virus is a very real killer, social distancing and lockdowns saved countless lives.

These Floridians followed the internet garbage from dangerous non-scientists and paid the ultimate price.

View attachment 127987
View attachment 127988
View attachment 127989

Most people I would imagine hated the lockdown and wish that we could do everything the way we did, but a year or two’s restrictions will save millions of lives and leave humanity better prepared to deal with future pandemics. This has been a huge learning curve for every government and also scientists/public health experts.

I'm not arguing with your point. I respect that. But can you see why people have lost faith in the official stories we're being fed right now?

We're still being expected to believe the official story of the Jeffrey Epstein 'death' for christ sake! Let's not forget all the conspiracies about him which were labelled as Internet garbage before he was caught too.
Do you believe how Epstein died? If not, then how can you attack people for losing faith in the news we have been fed of recent?

The likes of the BBC and the 'scientists' they employ should not be seen as gospel. We need to learn from previous mistakes to protect those who are vulnerable.
I want facts about the virus, but all we're being fed is crap about conspiracy theorists even during this Jeffrey Epstein peado ring era!
The exact same thing was going on just before we found out about the likes of ex government members and royal family marriage councillors. Conspiracies about these peados and anyone supporting them were being attacked whilst kids were being abused, that's a fact. Of course this virus could all be true and the regulations of the lockdown be totally required, but come on, let's stay open minded this time and stop with all this conspiracy theorists are worse than the virus shite.

I was talking to someone a few days ago who reckons Covid19 is more dangerous than the Spanish flu. He also reckons that Covid19 is more serious than Aids! Not to my surprise he has become very racist towards Chinese people as well. The guy believes everything he is being told right now by the media.
We need to question it all including the conspiracies otherwise you could end up as deluded and single minded as how you are perceiving a 'conspiracy theorists' (a term created to prevent any questioning of authority)

Last edited:

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
That's a bit different. You said "pro covd19". You didn't mention lockdown. I thought by that you meant [MENTION=30583]RossyG[/MENTION] who wants the virus to spread uncontrolled, ergo supporting it. He's certainly shared a video with some pretty disgusting comments and language associated with it.

The video was about the NZ PM’s comments. The text editorial added to it can be ignored. It was her words that horrified me and that was the only copy of the video I could find.

You’re offended by the language someone added later yet happily called [MENTION=33983]BeHereNow[/MENTION] a ****wit. You’re offended when it’s convenient so you can score points.

Anyway, to avoid the worst effects of Covid-19, TAKE VITAMIN D. I cannot emphasise this enough. Go to Holland and Barrett and get a container of 100 foot about four quid. Take one a day.

Doctors should also be administering hydroxychloroquine and zinc to hospital cases, but they’re not, so Vitamin D is all we can do, although it’s probably enough. And if you can afford it, Vitamin C and zinc are good too, but Vitamin D is the key.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The video was about the NZ PM’s comments. The text editorial added to it can be ignored. It was her words that horrified me and that was the only copy of the video I could find.

You’re offended by the language someone added later yet happily called [MENTION=33983]BeHereNow[/MENTION] a ****wit. You’re offended when it’s convenient so you can score points.

Anyway, to avoid the worst effects of Covid-19, TAKE VITAMIN D. I cannot emphasise this enough. Go to Holland and Barrett and get a container of 100 foot about four quid. Take one a day.

Doctors should also be administering hydroxychloroquine and zinc to hospital cases, but they’re not, so Vitamin D is all we can do, although it’s probably enough. And if you can afford it, Vitamin C and zinc are good too, but Vitamin D is the key.

Thanks Doc.

I can see the 7 years in Medical School wasn't wasted on you.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Can I politely ask about your medical qualifications?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Anyway, to avoid the worst effects of Covid-19, TAKE VITAMIN D. I cannot emphasise this enough.

the best way to avoid worst effects of covid, and i cannot emphasis this enough, is to not catch it in the first place.

Doctors should also be administering hydroxychloroquine and zinc to hospital cases, but they’re not

thats right, because studies found hydroxychloroquine had little positive effect, and a lottery if made patients more sick or lead to heart failure. so doctors err'd against that treatment.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020

Ah, now I get it. The virus wasn't introduced by China in an attempt to destabilise world economies, but by Holland & Barrett, so they could flog a few extra vitamins - all makes sense now!

:ffsparr:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm not arguing with your point. I respect that. But can you see why people have lost faith in the official stories we're being fed right now?

We're still being expected to believe the official story of the Jeffrey Epstein 'death' for christ sake!

Let me stop you there.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If someone told me twenty years ago that the mainstream would soon be raging against vitamins and linking it with far-right opinions, David Icke and whatnot, I would have laughed... but here we are.

Boy did the pharmaceutical lobby do a job on you. "There is NOTHING in nature that can help you with anything, it MUST come from us or it is USELESS".

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thanks Doc.

I can see the 7 years in Medical School wasn't wasted on you.

Is one of the leser known effects of Covid-19 the turning of decent reasonable posters into drivelling idiots? ???

If a very stoic now ex-reader of NSC of my acquaintance were still reading these threads I wouldn't be able to guarantee the safety of some who are still posting.

People are still vulnerable to being killed by Covid-19, and the virus is not certain to just peter out. So, yes, open up society but protect the vulnerable. FFS. Don't behave like a dick or type like a dick. It is really not a good look.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If someone told me twenty years ago that the mainstream would soon be raging against vitamins and linking it with far-right opinions, David Icke and whatnot, I would have laughed... but here we are.

Boy did the pharmaceutical lobby do a job on you. "There is NOTHING in nature that can help you with anything, it MUST come from us or it is USELESS".

Nobody is saying that. Don't be silly. I don't have an issue with naive faith in neutraceuticals. I take some myself (evening primrose oil and gluc/condro, for my joints). For actual real pressing and dangerous medical issues, however, I go to the actual medical doctor.

All I'm saying is protect the vulnerable. It isn't an 'either/or'.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Nobody is saying that. Don't be silly. I don't have an issue with naive faith in neutraceuticals. I take some myself (evening primrose oil and gluc/condro, for my joints). For actual real pressing and dangerous medical issues, however, I go to the actual medical doctor.

Lots are saying that. Not necessarily here though there are some vibes. But generally in Facebook discussion groups etc, if you suggest that vitamins could be a good thing for someone, you'll get the same reaction as if you were suggesting a prayer or a couple of LSD tabs..

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

no one is raging against vitamins, and by all means take them they probably help. but they are not a cure, if you think they are you are an idiot. and if you want to abstain from all pharmaceuticals, again go ahead no one is stopping you. pharma dont say nothing comes from nature, they take nature for cures all the time. the difference is trails to prove effective and avoid harmful side affects. anyone could fund a trial for a nature cure and have it licenced.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Is one of the leser known effects of Covid-19 the turning of decent reasonable posters into drivelling idiots? ???

I genuinely think a side effect of being at home, locked down with something that no one understands doing the rounds is the discovery that you can become an expert on medicine, virology and international law by watching a couple of vids on youtube.

FFS.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

Exactly that. I had a long drawn out cough after Covid. Luckily it's gone now. I occasionally had some honey in that time and found that mixed with cider vinegar it helped reduce the coughing. Possibly. Or was a placebo. For that reason I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else. I also take a regular "chemical" drug that I'm prescribed. That definitely works for me, but again I'm in no way qualified to advise someone else to use it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here