Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tim Sherwood

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Has to be our No.1 target surely!

Why? Personally wouldn't have him on the short list let alone no 1. 6 months at Spurs, which included some spectacular defeats, before he was sacked

He did OK at Spurs in firefighting circumstances, will stand up to the board for cash for players and will stand up to the players because he's played at a higher level than them. His gobby ways will entertain us after the Osco-Sam rigor mortis show. Will get the season ticket sales back on track and a buzz about the place.

Not the perfect candidate by any means but miles better than the lower league non-entities being talked about.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The reason most fans want Pulis is because he is the most likely to get us out of the mess Sami has created.
Less than 1 in 5 fans on NSC want Pulis, so although a fairly popular choice, most fans don't want him.

I don't want him, because I don't want to see us playing his style of football. Not that it matters, he wouldn't want to come here when he'll easily get a premier league job.

Sandradee

Apr 16, 2014
Sherwood coached at spurs for 5 years under Harry / AVB + the 6 months he was manager before he got sacked, so the perfect candidate .

No track record that is the problem. Can he build a team. Can he create a team spirit. Can he spot a player. Will he improve the players. It would be a Sami-style punt.

You see I disagree - same track record as Gus as coach/assistant where he did a lot of those things you talk about, with the bonus that we saw him handle the post AVB fall-out at Spurs reasonably well. They'd take 6th now wouldn't they?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Less than 1 in 5 fans on NSC want Pulis, so although a fairly popular choice, most fans don't want him.

I don't want him, because I don't want to see us playing his style of football. Not that it matters, he wouldn't want to come here when he'll easily get a premier league job.

Most, as in more NSC posters voted for him than any other manager in the NSC poll, and the one in the Argus.

I agree it's unlikely to happen, but by far the best choice IMHO.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Sherwood coached at spurs for 5 years under Harry / AVB + the 6 months he was manager before he got sacked, so the perfect candidate .

Coached, not managed, and definitely NOT the perfect choice. Biggest problem for me is his confrontational approach, which Tony will loathe. Add to that he has zero experience of being a manager in the Championship, and only 6 months overall, admittedly in the Prem.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
You see I disagree - same track record as Gus as coach/assistant where he did a lot of those things you talk about, with the bonus that we saw him handle the post AVB fall-out at Spurs reasonably well. They'd take 6th now wouldn't they?

Totally this. Spuds dropped a bollock in letting him go, should of been given a summer plus 1/2 season more to evaluate. 6th in the premier league is more than respectable. Got all his coaching badges and knows a nugget when he sees one. plus the idea of a manager calling it as it is, is more than appealing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here