Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tim Sherwood

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Huge Sherwood fan, only just realised Chris Ramsey is part of his coaching team. The worst performance of any BHA player I have ever seen was him away at Grimsby in 1980' something, we lost 5-0 I seem to recall, one of those away games that turns into a complete nightmare from the traveling on old East coast diesel trains,(before electrification kids) getting off at Grimsby instead of Cleethorpes, soaked before the game, watching utter garbage in front of "the Findus family stand", nightmare journey home....Memories. Just hope his coaching is better than his playing.

solly

Aug 31, 2005
Ridiculous stab in the dark. We are in NO position to gamble on an inexperienced manager who has ZERO Championship experience, just because he gobs off at his players and shows "passion" on the touchline. The bloke would start a fight on his own in a phonebox

There is a very understated manager who has worked wonders in this division before, who knows it inside out, and is currently sat there picking peanuts out of poo. His name is Brian McDermott.

This with santa's sleigh bells on

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Sherwood's management experience is six months at the multi millionaires Tottenham in the Prem. That is vastly different to relegation scrap in the Champ with little money to spend.
At least Robinson is more used to our budgets

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'm sure he'd do well for us in the short term, 'passionate' managers tend to be excellent at getting the best of players for a brief period, usually right up until the point where they fall out with the changing room/board/fans.

Much like Di Canio or Keane, I wouldn't be overly happy of he got the job, it'd turn into the Sherwood show before too long.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I would of course take Pulis to steady the ship until the end of the season and then one of the 3 take charge.

I do not get this, as Pulis would obviously be looking for a permanent job surely and if a job came up in the Premiership he would be off like nobodies business and who could blame him which could leave us in a worse position.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
How does the, err, confrontational Timmy fit with the rather obvious need to get in an experienced manager, who knows how to manage a Championship club to success on the pitch?

Ans. He doesn't. So it's a big "No" from me.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I do not get this, as Pulis would obviously be looking for a permanent job surely and if a job came up in the Premiership he would be off like nobodies business and who could blame him which could leave us in a worse position.

I don't get this. We need EXACTLY someone like Pulis to address the mess Sami has created so majestically for us. It is a pressing need. IF Pulis gets poached after saving us, THEN so be it.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I don't get this. We need EXACTLY someone like Pulis to address the mess Sami has created so majestically for us. It is a pressing need. IF Pulis gets poached after saving us, THEN so be it.

I don't get this. what if he got POACHED during the great escape.... & anyway Tony is not going to throw a warchest at Pulis for such a short period that Pulis would be happy with.... It is NOT going to happen.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
OMG Ruud Gullit, didn't see that in the betting odds..

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
I don't get this. what if he got POACHED during the great escape.... & anyway Tony is not going to throw a warchest at Pulis for such a short period that Pulis would be happy with.... It is NOT going to happen.

Why do you presume he wants a permanent job? Could of stayed at Palace for that. Why not say, 750k for keeping us up and staying to the end of the season, that way he's free to take on a premiership club in the summer. Yes, I think his true grit style would undoubtedly keep us up. No I would not want him long term, and no I don't think for for a second he will come in the first place.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Tony is not going to throw a warchest at Pulis for such a short period that Pulis would be happy with....

Why not? TB and/or his minions attempts to do things on the cheap on the playing side have backfired spectacularly. If it takes a warchest to stay in this division then that's what he's going to have to spend - or lose the equivalent of several such warchests by dropping down a division.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

That would be the Sammy Lee nightmare all over again.

Agrees to join us, and then on day 1 gets poached by the likes of Leicester or Hull.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
That would be the Sammy Lee nightmare all over again.

Agrees to join us, and then on day 1 gets poached by the likes of Leicester or Hull.

Errr... let's cross that bridge when and if it comes to it! The reason most fans want Pulis is because he is the most likely to get us out of the mess Sami has created. You can't say, "Don't want X, because X is actually good at his job, so might get poached!". You'd never hire anyone any good with that attitude. Yeah, let's go for our 5th choice, because no other club will want to poach him!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here