Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Tiger Woods car accident

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Had to turn the radio off. They’re treating it like Princess Diana’s death.

On R4 this morning they were interviewing US cops and journo's, you are spot on.

they made it sound like he'd driven off the Grand Canyon at 200 mph and has been sewn back together from 173 seperate pieces.

he crashed into a ditch via tree and broke his foot.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Despite his faults the guy is a mega athlete. CNN last night just went 100% Tiger for hours. But wake up this morning and BBC questioning if anything was found in the car, no brake marks, must have been speeding, fast road etc.
Is it just in our DNA to put down anyone we love to hate.

Controversy is sexy, sexy headlines are clickbait and the BBC has been playing the game for years with sensationalist headlines.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And your point? He's also a very flawed human being, constantly rude, arrogant, selfish may be to able smack a golf ball, often in the rough that suddenly appears to have a great position or rebounds in to the centre of the fairway, and appears to be able to change the rules of golf as he walks round the course that only applies to him.

You might not like the guy, but implying he achieved his greatness in the game through cheating and / or bending the rules of golf is clearly bobbins. I doubt any other golfer on the planet has ever had more cameras on him as he makes his way round the course, so the opportunity to manufacture a nice lie or surreptitiously kick his ball into a favourable position would be something next to about zero.

As for him being constantly rude, selfish and arrogant, I've never met him so couldn't say.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
As for him being constantly rude, selfish and arrogant, I've never met him so couldn't say.

You mean all that effort you went to, to go to Carnoustie dressed as a cocktail waitress and you STILL didn't meet him? I told you you should have shaved the beard off.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
For me, I have to like a person and for them to be good at their sport before I can fully respect them.

I don't in the case of Tiger Woods.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
If not seen the HBO documentary is well worth a watch showing how the drive of his father for him to be a success and media swallowed up his whole childhood and chances of a normal life.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You mean all that effort you went to, to go to Carnoustie dressed as a cocktail waitress and you STILL didn't meet him? I told you you should have shaved the beard off.

What can I say. I was told he had a kilt fetish too, but he never even peeped under my sporran.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You might not like the guy, but implying he achieved his greatness in the game through cheating and / or bending the rules of golf is clearly bobbins. I doubt any other golfer on the planet has ever had more cameras on him as he makes his way round the course, so the opportunity to manufacture a nice lie or surreptitiously kick his ball into a favourable position would be something next to about zero.

It's not bobbins.

And no can't stand him and neither can he at the moment

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It's not bobbins.

And no can't stand him and neither can he at the moment

Can you give some specifics on where Woods has been found to have cheated on the Tour then ? (and no, I don't mean with some local brass). Genuinely interested.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
On R4 this morning they were interviewing US cops and journo's, you are spot on.

they made it sound like he'd driven off the Grand Canyon at 200 mph and has been sewn back together from 173 seperate pieces.

he crashed into a ditch via tree and broke his foot.

It was one of those where news teams had committed to sending people and no-one knew how it would turn out. Think all the reporters were steeling themselves for the news story of the year, so there's been this residual drama even though he doesn't even appear to have been DUI. UK teams were waiting on it overnight so there was a lot of time to put extra stuff together.

Although he's had to have his leg and ankle screwed and pinned back together in loads of places, so it's quite a lot worse than a broken foot. The state of the SUV is summat else as well.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Apparently some think puns are very insensitive when someone is in hospital.
I think they need to get a grip.

Playing to the crowd there. Mind you it's teed up considering he got an up and down, bet he's feeling rough. Driving is really his handicap.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Exactly, good golfer but his womanising has put an Albatross around his neck.

I agree but him driving through the green and the pins being placed in awkward places it's obvious he didn't miss the cut.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We stopped with the puns now?

Just when people started to get the swing of things.

You're showing a total lack of respect to the man.

He's the greatest modern sports athlete since Iron Mike Tyson.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You're showing a total lack of respect to the man.

He's the greatest modern sports athlete since Iron Mike Tyson.

A man speeding (been alluded too by officials) driving a tank of a car lost control. Lucky no one else around or he would have killed them, ends up the other side of a two lane road down in a ditch and splinters his legs.

Respect? If it was a nobody you would not give damn.

Just like the Greek rolling his Range Rover if he had hurt himself or even killed himself would he deserve sympathy, no he wouldn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here