Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Tiger Woods car accident

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Was he driving a Volkswagen Golf 1.6 TDI 110 Match Edition 5dr when he went out of bounds after having a right session on the 19th....:drink:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Some pretty insensitive remarks on there, doesn't sound good. Hope he's ok..

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He'd just had back surgery last month (for the 5th time), now this. He was aiming to get back in time for The Masters on April 8th, but at 45, surely this is the end.

A tragic end to an astonishing career - at his peak he was simply magic to watch, utterly compelling. Winning the 2018 Masters was a swansong, but an absolutely epic one. Jack Nicklaus can rest easy, his record will never be broken in his or our lifetimes, which is a pity. Would have loved to have seen Woods do it.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
:nono:

The guy is in hospital, having surgery and possible life changing injuries. Some poor form on here, the great man deserves better. Quite simply one of the greatest ever sportsmen. Get well soon Tiger.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

The guy is in hospital, having surgery and possible life changing injuries. Some poor form on here, the great man deserves better. Quite simply one of the greatest ever sportsmen. Get well soon Tiger.

He played golf, FFS. It's a lot of walking, yes, I know, but .....................

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
He played golf, FFS. It's a lot of walking, yes, I know, but .....................

Fair enough. I wouldn’t wish a car accident with potentially life changing injuries on anyone.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Given his respect and treatment of others in recent years, I'm not sure he does. That's another discussion.

I don't think anyone has said anything specifically malicious, just word play and light humour. We all learnt our trade via the BBC you know, not the Sun/Mail!

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

Wasn't he under the influence of Vicodin in 2009 when he crashed through a hedge and then hit a fire hydrant?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

May be a great golfer a great man he is not. in fact I'd go so far to say he's a horrible man. Ruined his wife's life, history of dangerous driving, arrogant beyond belief and one miserable person. There's only one person in his life and it's him.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Given his respect and treatment of others in recent years, I'm not sure he does. That's another discussion.

I don't think anyone has said anything specifically malicious, just word play and light humour. We all learnt our trade via the BBC you know, not the Sun/Mail!

He likes his women does Tiger. Not nice for his wife, with all the affairs, but I defer to Chris Rock’s take.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Wasn't he under the influence of Vicodin in 2009 when he crashed through a hedge and then hit a fire hydrant?

Hmm, I do wonder whether there was anything similar going on in terms of painkillers recently. In a recent stint in commentary at the last tournament, he wasn't lookin at his best.

I'm sure it will all become clear in due course, but wish him a speedy recovery and thankful that no one else is hurt.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
May be a great golfer a great man he is not. in fact I'd go so far to say he's a horrible man. Ruined his wife's life, history of dangerous driving, arrogant beyond belief and one miserable person. There's only one person in his life and it's him.

He likes his women does Tiger. Not nice for his wife, with all the affairs, but I defer to Chris Rock’s take.

I think when lurid disclosures of his multiple affairs first broke some years ago I thought the same (I'm not familiar with the Chris Rock reference though, I'll look it up).

However, over the years I have learnt that when relationships unravel there are often issues on both sides. I was quick to judge TW and thought his behaviour was appalling and he deserved everything that came his way; but of course I have no idea what was going on in his private life at the time.

On balance, if I'm being honest, I still think that he was trying to have his cake and eat it and got caught out and behaved appallingly. But I've learnt not to judge people unless you know exactly what's going on behind closed doors.

Bottom line: I hope he pulls through, for his kids as much as for him. We all make mistakes and we all have regrets.

Last edited:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I think when lurid disclosures of his multiple affairs first broke some years ago I thought the same (I'm not familiar with the Chris Rock reference though, I'll look it up).

However, over the years I have learnt that when relationships unravel there is often issues on both sides. I was quick to judge TW and thought his behaviour was appalling and he deserved everything that came his way; but of course I have no idea what was gong on in his private life at the time.

On balance, if I'm being honest, I still think that he was trying to have his cake and eat it and got caught out. But I've learnt not to judge people unless you know exactly what's going on behind closed doors.

Bottom line: I hope he pulls through, for his kids as much as for him. We all make mistakes and we all have regrets.

Ditto, you never know what’s going on in peoples lives. End of the day Tiger didn’t kill anyone, he didn’t commit any crimes, he just wasn’t faithful to his wife. Was a shitty husband. Had a plethora of women come out as his secret girlfriend once the stories were being sold.

I tried to find Chris Rock’s take on Tiger Woods as it’s pretty funny. In his own way cynical but with a dose of truth. I can’t find the exact clip, but it’s similar gist to this.

Put simply, the average guy goes to work and back to his wife with little interest. Whereas Tiger had parades of 20 something blonde Scandinavian women chasing him at all the golf courses. “A man is as faithful as his options”.

https://youtu.be/58ZjTA6vN1A

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here