Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket sales for pre season friendlies

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I said a similar thing last year when people seemed to think that Newcastle was such a bad cup draw that the club should have paid them to go:

Anyone who isn't interested in seeing us play Villarreal EITHER has no knowledge or understanding of football, is really an armchair premiership fan or has managed to get their head severely rammed up their own arse over the last 2 years. Ok, so it's only a friendly, but this is a GREAT friendly!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I said a similar thing last year when people seemed to think that Newcastle was such a bad cup draw that the club should have paid them to go:

Anyone who isn't interested in seeing us play Villarreal EITHER has no knowledge or understanding of football, is really an armchair premiership fan or has managed to get their head severely rammed up their own arse over the last 2 years. Ok, so it's only a friendly, but this is a GREAT friendly!

I guess many of us are armchair premiership fans or have no understanding of football then.

Or perhaps people have more interesting things to do than watch a training match between ourselves and what is still largely a very poor (currently) lower end La Liga team. I couldn't care less if they were in a Champions League semi a few years ago. Nottingham Forest won the thing years ago, I wouldn't pay to see us in a friendly against them.

What a STUPID statement.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Brilliant but utter bollocks

You just sound bitter as have shelled out but will be in an empty stadium .

Leeds away when it starts for me

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Spot on.

The £20 i'd have spent on a pointless friendly is going towards the Birmingham game.

That would be ok if that £20 went to BHA, but none of it does, plus you can add travel costs to that. I'm cutting down on away games this season due to cost and the fact that the money goes to the opposition.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Surprised by the lack of tickets sold for the Villarreal game but not the Norwich game. Tuesday night pre season game V Norwich just isn't that attractive.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Make some signings quickly. Watch the tickets sell. Easy.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

No it's not, previously at these heights and with a bigger ground we had Spurs, Saints AND Liverpool all at home & an all in one programme one year, not a second rate side who 99% could not name a single player...

With a big gig & two big teams income this summer could have been

25k x £20 x 3 = £1.5m

With no gig & two small teams

5k x £12 x 2 = £120k

Why?

countryman

Jun 28, 2011

It's just a friendly. I couldn't care less who the opposition are. I want to see us play Newport in a couple of weeks and it will be a much better game as the teams will be trying, even if they aren't villareal.

I will be going to the development squads friendly tonight though, but only because I want to see Lewes's new signings and see a friend I haven't seen in a while.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011

Barber?

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Spot on.

The £20 i'd have spent on a pointless friendly is going towards the Birmingham game.

exactly this for me too, I'd rather save my money for competative games away from home than go to a home friendly...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I must be a muppet because I am really looking forward to seeing Oscar's Albion play, there is nothing I would rather do this Saturday evening, in fact I delayed a flight until Sunday JUST to watch the Albion play in a friendly :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No it's not, previously at these heights and with a bigger ground we had Spurs, Saints AND Liverpool all at home & an all in one programme one year, not a second rate side who 99% could not name a single player...

With a big gig & two big teams income this summer could have been

25k x £20 x 3 = £1.5m

With no gig & two small teams

5k x £12 x 2 = £120k

Why?

One of the big teams pencilled in for a friendly was Liverpool for Charlie Oatway's testimonial , don't know about the AS Roma friendly as that was mentioned one minute and disappeared the next.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Was in the club shop in Queens road yesterday for about 10-mins and in that time at least 5 people came in requesting tickets for Saturday to be told they would either need to go to Falmer, phone up or go online because the ticket office is no longer open. 1 of these was deaf as is my wife and for them to say use the phone was quite appalling.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
NEWSFLASH. The common man doesnt give a toss about friendlies. Never has never will. Take out new stadium factor and champions of Europe as opposition and sub 7k crowds (our goldstone average 87-97) are NORMAL!!!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Perhaps I didn't write it well, but I accept its a friendly and some people aren't interested in them, which is fair enough.

I was talking more about the people who are complaining about the opposition. Villarreal are a big Spanish team who've done a lot in Europe very recently (aside from the relegation). I am genuinely very excited about seeing Brighton play them, quite happy to part with a tenner for that.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I guess many of us are armchair premiership fans or have no understanding of football then.

Or perhaps people have more interesting things to do than watch a training match between ourselves and what is still largely a very poor (currently) lower end La Liga team. I couldn't care less if they were in a Champions League semi a few years ago. Nottingham Forest won the thing years ago, I wouldn't pay to see us in a friendly against them.

What a STUPID statement.

I like European football. I've not seen Brighton play many well known European teams and if I'm honest I am unlikely to, so this to me is great.

I am really surprised so many people are so negative about it.

Like I said, I accept if people can't be arsed with friendlies but I really can't comprehend complaints about the opposition. Ah well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here