Ticket sales for pre season friendlies

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I also booked the Bridge car park for Saturday, do they send a ticket for this? I haven't used this before so unsure, I just have a print out of my booking at the moment.

When I phoned to enquire about my lack of match tickets, the chap kindly informed me that the uni ticket would be replaced by one for the Bridge. Hasn't arrived yet though :(

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm on holiday for both, but the Norwich fixture in particular wouldn't appeal and is more than a little odd. Last season we regularly failed to win on a Saturday when we'd played in midweek, so why have we given ourselves three games in seven days, with the thrid one being the one we want to win. And most people will think they will go to the Saturday game against Villereal and skip the Norwich one.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Will be going to both along with various mates and kids. Waiting for pay day to get tickets. Evening ko definitely put off a few people I know, due to trains home. Hoping to exercise the ghost from the last game at the Amex.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Actually my wife's just set me thinking. She wants to take her Dad (83) to the Amex and thought a pre-season game would be better than a real game. I said "Naa, they're just training exercises, you've been before, you know they're boring".
She said "Well it's not really to see the game, it's to show Dad the Amex and go to Dick's. And anyway, you want to go and see Sussex play the Australians and that's just a friendly as well isn't it?"

Hmm. Couldn't really answer that - so it looks like we are going to one of the games after all!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If the weather is anywhere as nice as last weekend Brighton Station is going to be MANIC on Saturday night.

Actually my wife's just set me thinking. She wants to take her Dad (83) to the Amex and thought a pre-season game would be better than a real game. I said "Naa, they're just training exercises, you've been before, you know they're boring".
She said "Well it's not really to see the game, it's to show Dad the Amex and go to Dick's. And anyway, you want to go and see Sussex play the Australians and that's just a friendly as well isn't it?"

Hmm. Couldn't really answer that - so it looks like we are going to one of the games after all!

I was thinking the same about my Granddad who is 88 but the evening kick offs, lack of transport etc make it less attractive an option sadly.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Oscar won't be taking these friendly games as meaningless. Perhaps a final chance for 4 or 5 of the youngsters to show they are able to be part of the first team squad even as subs , a scenario that would have been an unthinkable back up plan last season. Norwich have a player that fans will be interested in to see how he has progressed , Villarreal will see Spanish flair come up against The Albion's hybrid infusion of Spanish flair and English game mentality.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Cricket at Hove on Saturday, followed by the football in the evening.

Go Team SPORT.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'll be there Saturday and would have gone Tuesday but for an ear op same day..it's been a while since that dreaded Monday night

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Bollox to it. Cant be arsed. Only went to Chelsea coz it was a 1901 freebie and Reading because it was Kuipers. Otherwise meh.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If the weather is anywhere as nice as last weekend Brighton Station is going to be MANIC on Saturday night.

I was thinking the same about my Granddad who is 88 but the evening kick offs, lack of transport etc make it less attractive an option sadly.
Are they both evening kick-offs? (Haven't bothered checking before because I wasn't intending on going). That makes it a bit trickier. Also he's none too steady on his pins so we'd need transport and there's no P&R is there? I appreciate this info is probably on the club website but NSC is easier to read.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Ticket office and the powers that be must be bitterly dissapointed with the take-up when i phoned up for tickets when they went on sale they ssaid they were expecting audiences in the region of 15k for both.

I just hope it doesn't put the club off excellent pricing initiatives such as these if the take-up is so poor.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
As stated on another thread, why is anybody concerned what the crowd will be? Crowds for friendlies in the past two seasons were an anomaly caused by the opening of the new stadium (everybody wanted to see it) and high level opponents. They're now settling down to levels experienced by pretty much every other club in the league, ie minimal.

Before SkySports got involved and tried to convince us that the Samsung Tsingtao Nintendo Hyundai Sucky Sucky Five Dollar Asia Super Challenge Tournament between MANCHESTER CITY!, TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR!, Sydney FC and the President's Elite Bangkok All Stars XI was somehow important to the big world of football, few of us gave a toss about pre season friendlies. I've been watching the Albion since 1986 (I think) and I never once went to a pre season friendly at the Goldstone, nor, I think, did I bother visiting Withdean outside of regulation games. I just don't really care what we do in a game with rolling subs and no hard tackling, against a mid table Premier League club. I went to Whitehawk the other week as I had nothing better to do, it was cheap, and a great excuse to sit in the sunshine and talk football again , but generally I'm not fussed. I don't feel that makes me a bad fan, or is any reflection on the Albion as a club.

If you're keen enough, that's fine by me, go and enjoy it, and I'll happily listen to you telling me what you thought of any new players and how you think Oscar is working. That's great. I just don't feel the need to bother going myself. Nothing to do with price, or transport. It's still July. I can't wait for the season to start, but I'll wait for the real thing, thanks.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
And anyway, you want to go and see Sussex play the Australians and that's just a friendly as well isn't it?"!

And the fact that the Sussex team will probably be the equilvilent of the BHAFC DS Team as well, the BHAFC team v Villareal will be more or less full squad team

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
Ill be going this saturday, got 3 ticks near the dug out which works out an absolute bargain! Cannot wait to see how oscar plays our team now. They will take it seriously

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
And the fact that the Sussex team will probably be the equilvilent of the BHAFC DS Team as well, the BHAFC team v Villareal will be more or less full squad team

No, the Sussex team is going to be near enough a full-strength team - although reading some of the premature obituaries to Australian cricket written in the aftermath of the Lords Test some feel the Sussex Colts team will be more than good enough.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Going to anniversary games Friday night and Sunday, just booked Villarreal for my sporting fix on Saturday though I may pop to cricket for a couple of hours before hand. Also bought Newport tickets but can't be arsed with Norwich and still unsure about Crawley.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
No, the Sussex team is going to be near enough a full-strength team - although reading some of the premature obituaries to Australian cricket written in the aftermath of the Lords Test some feel the Sussex Colts team will be more than good enough.

That's not what was quoted on here a few days ago, hope you are right though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports