Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket sales for pre season friendlies

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't get this "it's not a good team" crap - we are playing a Premier League team and a decent Spanish team. I think people are getting pretty arrogant if they think that those clubs aren't as good as us.

Pricing is bang on correct, even with a booking fee it's about £20 for both games !!

That said, I'm not going as because of the KO times, it would be difficult to get a good nights sleep since I start work early the next morning.

Come on, Norwich hardly set your pulse racing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Given the cost of watching football I think people are perfectly entitled to make choices regarding their attendance and use whatever criteria they choose whether its the attractiveness of the opposition or competitive vs friendly or even transport.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This is from Tony Bloom's statement the other day

Oscar likes to play a high-tempo passing game, with an onus on attack, and I am sure the club's supporters will be eagerly anticipating the season ahead with him at the helm

I want to see Oscar's Albion , so I'm going to both

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I want to see Oscar's Albion , so I'm going to both

Exactly this. Can't wait to see how the team line up and how different the tactics, shape and style are. Opposition whilst not hugely glamorous will provide a decent test. Looking forward to both.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
The kick off time has put a few of my mates off, I'm still taking the boy though. Just another excuse to go to the Amex and have a pie and pint, and have a good time.

I don't care if its a friendly, neither does my son (don't even think he knows what a friendly is) so we're going along to get back into the football swing!

Absolutely this, getting back into the swing of football, starting with Crawley tomorrow night and then the 2 home freindlies, interesting to see how Oscar sets out the team. Club has done its bit in making it cheap and transport is just a minor issue surely?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Australia at Hove is a distraction for those that watch both. Also both friendlies are evening games which with no travel mean far greater extended travel times and late nights which no doubt also put many off.

I'm going to Hove on Sunday, its is far easier to get to the Amex from the east, even with little travel availability than its will ever be to get to the cricket at Hove

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Well I hope I'm going to the games with my 2 grandsons, payed for both games + parking but still not received any tickets yet!

:(

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Last year we had an awesome crowd for Chelsea, reigning European Champs, Torres, Mata, Hazard, Luiz etc....

This year, the worst Villareal side in my memory, only just promoted from the Segunda, Gio Dos Santos is the only player i've honestly heard of. Hardly a glamour tie, and to be honest I can see us beating them as they look nothing special.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I don't get this "it's not a good team" crap - we are playing a Premier League team and a decent Spanish team. I think people are getting pretty arrogant if they think that those clubs aren't as good as us.

Pricing is bang on correct, even with a booking fee it's about £20 for both games !!

That said, I'm not going as because of the KO times, it would be difficult to get a good nights sleep since I start work early the next morning.

12 months ago there was a massive binfest over the cost of the Chelsea tickets for a friendly, damned if you do damned if you don't

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
It's football and it's Brighton, therefore I'm looking forward to it. This summer has been a long one with no football and lots of backroom drama. The Whitehawk game was a bonus but it's time to get back to the Amex

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
I'm showing my age! Yes, and my father had worked out some formula which he could apply to the half-time lottery winnings (I think first prize was 50% of the ticket sales or similar) to estimate the gate. Happy days.
Just thinking about The Goldstone, wouldn't it be nice if they brought back the guy with the winning numbers on his board walking around the perimeter of The Amex I think that would be great.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Times are hard and people have to make cutbacks. I used to go to 2 or 3 friendlies before each season but now something has to give to allow me to watch all of the league games. I'll forgo all of the cup games too.

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Yep definitely going....hopefully signings in the bag by Saturday, which will be a bonus
Oscars first game at the Amex...wouldnt miss it

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Well I hope I'm going to the games with my 2 grandsons, payed for both games + parking but still not received any tickets yet!

:(

Same here. Did receive a receipt and a parking ticket for the uni but was then informed that they'd send a bridge ticket as they aren't any longer using the uni.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Yep definitely going....hopefully signings in the bag by Saturday, which will be a bonus
Oscars first game at the Amex...wouldnt miss it

Oscars first home game is another big pull for me, I reckon there will be a lot of late ticket sales as well, especially with a signing or two this week !!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
13 tickets in total arrived for the two games last Friday or Saturday. Interesting that they sent all tickets to me (I purchased them online) rather than sending them to each address, there are 2 addresses for the 13. Last season I am sure they were sent to each address, so another cost save although they did send the two games separately! :doh:

I also booked the Bridge car park for Saturday, do they send a ticket for this? I haven't used this before so unsure, I just have a print out of my booking at the moment.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I'm in a slightly different scenario as I live nearly 200 miles away, but I think it's a combination of...

- Unattractive opposition (yes, I do go to watch the Albion, but...)
- Holiday season for many.
- Lingering hangover from THAT game at the end of last season.
- Horrible after-taste of the whole Poyet affair.
- ...which has not been lifted by positive transfer movements.
- Lack of 'free' approved parking for those who do need to drive for an evening game, such as those with kids.

Bozza is spot on

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The Meades will be there. Looking forward to it. Should be an interesting couple of games at a good price. The underlings have had their chances to impress really, so it should be the main starting XI getting a run-out and being in full force. A couple of signings added to it makes it extra exciting and we should get a taste of what Oscar has planned for us. Sweet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here